1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed in dublin, digital tv stations

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by CHUNKIE66, Aug 27, 2007.

1. CHUNKIE66

CHUNKIE66 Member

hi, im new to all this, i want to get a digi box to get all the satalite stations in 'freeview', ive heard many saying they have it and reading this web site so have many others,..but seems to be a lot of different 'boxes'
    can anyone recomend which type is best to get, why, and where i could get one from?? and how hard is it all to set up?
    oh, and whats all that about getting different codes etc,etc,..??
    ive been told if i spend €300 i will get a box will do it all for me, no settin up, codes etc,etc,... ??
    as i said, im a complete starter at all this, i have N*L digital at the moment.
    can anyone help?

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

chunkie66
    the box u have at the moment ntl will report back to them so they know what u look at on tv.12 month contract,now after that when u decide u dont have the time or money to stay with digital,u are away alot of the time yes so u want to cancel ok,u wont need their box it can be back to basic crappy chs.
    now u have a box aerial cable input
    aerial cablle output to tv/vcr dvd/rec
    21 pin scart from tv out/box to tv
    u can probably get a box for 200 ready to go
    if u get a box of ebay might be a copy/clone and blank, what that means u put data from a pc into box via null modem cable rs232 and scan chs. in the ones i use are starview 1 no longer made,clones on ebay, and digivox i find very good epg [whats on now next etc] the next one up eurovox ,but looking on ebay all different clones?? buyer beware!read posts on forum with problems posted .we are all here to help.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member