1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on copying a DVD using MTR and Toast- RCE

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by macuser48, Sep 16, 2007.

1. macuser48

macuser48 Member

I've read thru some of the numerous guides/tutorials I've found but can't find a clear answer.

When I pull up Mac The Ripper it opens the DVD and it says RCE Detected. I've read you simply desigate what region the RCE from the RCP but it had 1 & 2 listed in the RCP field and I could only list 1 RCE in its field. It said 1 2 in RCP so I tired just putting in 1 as the RCE but I don't think it worked because it took a somewhat less amount of time to rip it and when I tried to copy the DVD thru toast it had a few error windows pop-up saying illeagl action, etc.

I've copied other DVD's fine that don't have an RCE listed but can't figure this small issue out. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello, macuser48:

If you don't have the latest version of MacTheRipper (3.0-R14d), obtaining it may solve your problem.

Since you mentioned that "...[MacTheRipper] took a somewhat less amount of time to rip...", MacTheRipper may not have recognized the main movie. Instead of ripping in Full Disc Extraction mode, try ripping in Main Feature Extraction mode and manually selecting the main feature, if MacTheRipper doesn't automatically select it.

Also, after ripping, try to play the movie's VIDEO_TS folder (on your hard drive) with Apple's DVD Player before attempting to burn. If you can't play the VIDEO_TS folder with Apple's DVD Player, you know that something has gone wrong.

Cheers.