1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Skitso, May 5, 2004.

1. Skitso

Skitso Guest

Well I Wanted To Back UP A Movie I Just Bought And I Used DVDXCOPY Platium Simple Mode And Entire CD And When I Burned The Movie To Play It I Got A Message Saying "This Disk Is Not Formatted To Play In This Region" I Never Had This Problem Before And I Backup'd A Lot Of Movies With DVDXCOPY Someone Told Me To Try IFOedit But That Did'nt Work.. So Can Someone Help Me Please.

2. daba

daba Guest

Hi Skitso,

There is a forum dedicated to DVD X Copy products. See link at the bottom of the page.

Daba

3. Skitso

Skitso Guest

Its Not Really A DVDXCOPY Question I Heard Other People Had This Problem Too That Dont Use The Program.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

When you burned the disk what region is your burner set to?

5. Skitso

Skitso Guest

i didnt burn the disk yet.. i was playin it on my PC to see if it worked before i burned it.

6. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I would recommend uninstalling DVD X Copy and going with a much better technique:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83768

You will probably have a much higher sucess rate using Shrink & Nero and the process is easy as well.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC:
    Windows Home SP1
    Biostar M7VIT, AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    1024MB Centon PC2700
    ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR
    IBM 60GB 7200RPM
    Pioneer A07
    Software: Shrink 3.1.7.6 & Nero 6

PS2 v4 fliptop:
    Swap Magic DVD 2.0 & CD 3.0
    Main DVD-R Ritek G04 & Piodata[/small]

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What region is the original from. If not from your HOME region you will need to either change the player region settings or run something like DVD43 or ANYDVD in the background to play it. Also depending on the region it came from, you might have a problem between the video format as in PAL or NTSC. Just a guess.

Jerry

8. Skitso

Skitso Guest

Well it seems im only havin this problem with 20th FOX movies.. such as stuck on you and runaway jury... anyone else have this problem?

9. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Like I said before, if you get DVD Shrink, you will probably not have any of these annoying problems. I have had no problems w/ FOX movies and I easily backed up Runaway Jury.

10. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

Shrink is great and there are step by step instructional guides on this site to assist in your efforts!

11. Skitso

Skitso Guest

Tried DVD Shrink Sayz Its Going To Take 2-3 Hours Or More DAMN! That's Really Slow... Is There Any Other Programs?

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into your device manager and check that your IDE controllers are set for DMA not PIO. If PIO, dvd backups will take forever.

Jerry

13. Skitso

Skitso Guest

Yes, there set to DMA and still takin forever well its not relly moving and program keeps frezzing... DVDXCOPY only took me 20-30min..

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004
  14. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

What can I say, greatness takes time. It does seem that the 2-3 hours is a bit extreme though, on average it takes ~1.5hrs for deep analysis and ~65% compression.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Are you ripping with your Burner? If so, most OEM drives are locked at 2x rip speed unless you use a hacked firmware to unlock the rip speed. I had to do this with my 106D.

Jerry

16. Skitso

Skitso Guest

After Couple Trys I Finally Got It To Work!Took 20-30Min And Now The DVD Works.. DVD SHIRK Has Gain Another Fan.. Another Question Wats A Good Speed To Compress The Movie At? I Did It At 65..

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004
  17. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Speed? Did you mean compression? Depending on your TV, 65% usually produces good quality and you want the lowest to be ~55%. You can always reauthor the DVD to get the highest quality but you will lose the menus.