1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! With AVI conversion

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by herv99, Jul 13, 2007.

1. herv99

herv99 Guest

Ok, help please!!! I want to convert and AVI file to a DVD so I can play it on my DVD player at home. I used Avi2DVD to make two folder that are Audio and Video TS. Then, I used PowerISO to turn those files into an ISO file because DVD Shrink was not working with them. So, I then burned the ISO to DVD using DVD Decrypter, but the dvd doesn't work! The ISO plays in Nero ShowTime, though. So, I am thinking the ISO is good, is that correct? What do I do with it though, and why does the DVD that I burned not work? Thanks!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

going through to many steps to do what you want to do, just use convertxtodvd, it will also burn to dvd also

3. a3721

a3721 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  4. oldslow

oldslow Member

so you don't have to re-rip your movie- try imgburn freeware / guides on afterdawn. it burns .iso.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I see you already have Nero, then I would recommend using NeroVision...no need to convert AVI just let NeroVision do it all for you. Heres a basic guide on how I burn mine, I am using Nero7 but it works the same with Nero6

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/356114/2104525

There is also an excellent guide (by alkohol) in my sig.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

a3721, lightning struck!! post edited

7. MysticE

MysticE Active member

AVI2DVD has the option to create an ISO, which is actually on by default. Make sure it is ticked. This can then be burned with ImgBurn. But the resultant VIDEO_TS folder is also burnable, I don't know why Shrink won't open them for you as all mine do.

[​IMG]

Make sure you have the latest version of AVI2DVD and use the HCenc encoder set to best. It will be slow going but the results will be superior to Nero, especially if going to a final NTSC 29.97 framerate as AVI2DVD uses pullown which Nero does not. Pulldown maintains the correct length and helps maintain audio sync. ConvertXtoDVD also uses pulldown that's why it rarely has audo sync problems, but HCenc encodes better. Although a bit quirky, AVI2DVD, once mastered using HCenc (especially with low bitrates) is about as good as it gets... and it's all free.