1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with LOST Fade-Out clips in imovie

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by ggushee, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ggushee

ggushee Member

Briefly, I have accidently hosed my system. I downloaded the new OSX.3.8 update, dbl. clicked the .dmg file creating a .8 folder and NOT thinking I restarted my computer....now when the unit powers up it just reaches the grey page with the apple and the little pin wheel just keeps spinning and spinning. I hooked the unit up via firewire to my brothers emac and ran Tech Tool Pro 4 and everything is corrected and seems fine. I even did the 14 hour optimization. I do not have my original OSX.3 sytem disks and haveordered another set. MY URGENCY is that I have been working on a imovie film in celebration of my parents anniversary next week. Time is not on my side. Whilst my machine is hooked up to the emac I was able to open imovie and went to open the MOM&DAD.mov file. It wouldn't open as a Fade-out clip was missing. I went into my media file for the project and sure enough Fade-out 85 & 86 are missing? Why?? How can I resolve this! Can I add alias or copy and rename and place into media file? I just don't want to start all over again. I opened imovie on the emac, but it is version 3 and my imovie is version 4.....can I import the media file into version 3 and then add the clips.....by missing does it mean that if I scroll along the project edit I will actually see the two clips are missing and can add them again? I hope this makes sense....And importing back to version 3....I don't know how to do it and where do I place the media folder or by just importing everything goes where it is supposed to go? Please help Gordon

2. Londor

Londor Guest