1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with NERO OEM Suite

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by DavGerm4, Jan 7, 2007.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

So, I want to convert some of my .avi files to DVD format, and I read in a guide on doing that using Nero 4, and Nero Vision. Well I have Nero OEM Suite (it came with my DVD burner), and have Nero Vision Express SE. I tried to follow the tutorial, but can't because it is so different. Can someone help me on converting .avi files to DVD format, using Nero OEM Suite? Also, I have WinAVI, but it doesn't let you create DVD menus on your Discs. Is there a way that I could convert the .avi file to DVD format, using WinAVI, and then making a DVD menu an adding it to the other files?

Thanks

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you have NeroVisionExpress then you should be able to burn your files to DVD without any prior conversion. There is an excellent guide in my sig, by alkohol or theres a very basic guide on how I do mine...ours are done with Nero 7 but it's exactly the same with Nero 6.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/356114/2104525

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

The NeroVision Express SE question has come up before, but I don't think many folks here have ever used it and have no idea what it's capabilities are. From what you say, it seems to be lacking some features the normal version has.

If that utility won't export or convert .avi files, you might check the Guides for converting. If you can load .avi files into it, you should be able to convert, if the codecs are there. Basically, the files are converted if you make a DVD or if you Export them (button on bottom). Maybe you could download the help file for NeroVision and use it to illustrate the differences from your install. Or maybe you have a description of it's capabilities, or lack of, with your software.
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/User_Guide_Vision_Express_3.html

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya, my Nero is lacking some of the abilities that the other Nero's can do. I've tried adding .avi files to the DVD, but it says that the file is not compatible.