1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey , I really screwed up and I deleted a file ... I was wondering if anyone had it ! ALSO , Another insane problem!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DrXthirst, Apr 17, 2006.

1. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Yes my xbox is modded. Duh. But , when I turned on MechAssualt , the game save isnt there! Why did this happen?

2. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

NO , I cant do anything with XBL at all and its been like that since I got softmodded. If I click on register new account , it says Error 21. If I click on sign in it says you need an update and when I try to get it , It brings me to Error 21. When I put in the Multiplayer Map Pack Disc and hit update , it says update failed ... does anyone think this has anything to do with the linux save I used?

3. theridges

theridges Guest

ok first off to play on live with a softmod you have to have an account already created on the xbox.....second what softmod installer did you use??
    and the last question can you still boot orignal/back up games or just original??

4. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

1)OKay , yea , I've already created an account
    2)I dont know where the guy got it , but the name of the .rar is - SID.MechAssault.v2.0.Xbox-Hq-
    3)I never made any back-up games , but , yea , I can still play the original games.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

ok first V2.0 is really old and didnt support the dual boot option i believe....when you softmodded did you select the dual-boot option because if not you cannot get on XBL, with your xbox softmodded...

6. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I can get online with my mods. But , I have to use my disc to get on XBL.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

then i dunno man,im lost....

8. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Should I just buy a new xbox from like a pawn shop or something?

9. theridges

theridges Guest

i mean why not just buy a modchip????

10. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Because then , when you get online with your mods (All of my XBL friends are dying to play some fun mods) , then you get your eeprom banned. So , that would suck.

11. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

DrXthirst wrote
    I did not ask if it was modded did I? i said was it [bold]soft[/bold]modded! So putting the 'Duh' on the end has just made you lose my help!! Its easy to fix but good luck!!

12. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

ok I won't be that nasty, but if your box was softmodded then it will still be softmodded so all you have to do is find yourself a copy of [bold]AID auto installer 3[/bold] and load up the M$ dash to C & whatever dash you had on E ( Evox or Unleash)

Once that is done I would completly remove the soft mod you have on it and re do it with the Nkarve 4.5 installer (get it from this site)
    and then you should have no problems.

If you no longer have the gamesaves that means you must have either deleted the Udata or Tdata folder off the E drive and you cant get them back unless you had them backed up on your pc.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  13. sesko

sesko Regular member

my opinion on this, i had the same problem, error 21, if you cant hotswap it, you have to get a mod chip, if you have the eeprom saved, like you do when you softmod it, you back up your hard drive to your pc, you can download xbmhd and make a new hard drive!

14. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

But if he can still play backed up games surely the Auto installer will be easier and will fix all his problems.

15. sesko

sesko Regular member

oh, i thought i read he was only getting error 21 showing up!

16. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

yeah thats what he put but thats just missing dashboards isnt it? should still be able to load back up disks and sort it out that way. Maybe i'm just lucky, i have never had to buy a chip yet to fix a softmodded xbox :)

17. sesko

sesko Regular member

i know i had to with error 21 because it wouldnt go any farther then that error! but could you check out my other thread, its called someone help please! see if you have an opinion on it, its about flashing the bios!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334303

18. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

If he starts it up with the disk already in the drive it should get past it.

i looked at your thread and i have no idea dude. I have only ever done a hard mod once and had no problems with it. I had a cd with the bios and a dummy file on it. When i booted up the box it went to a blue cromwell screen and i then chose flash bios from disk. But i had an X3 so not sure if thats the same as what you have.

Check out http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php?p=14|57|#57 and the tutorials there will hopefully help you.

19. sesko

sesko Regular member

i checked that tutorial, i am doing it right, i think maybe i am using the wrong media, going to try a dvd minus!

i know with my error21, nothing would get passed it, i know the last thing that was done to it, he had a halo maps cd, i believe after he loaded the maps, tried to update the dash when i told him not to! talking about my non-working softmod xbox!

20. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

yeah dude, try dvd -r as quite a few boxes will not read other media.

I have had loads of error 21 but have always been able to boot up original or backed up games as long as they were in the drive before I powered the box up. I can't see how updating from a halo map pack would do this though :-/ Am stumped with this one.