1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm...
    not sure why you installed softmod again while your xbox is already softmoded.

anyway, I guess the C drive is full now.

2. trav_555

trav_555 Member

i installed softmod again so that instead of it coming up with softmod installer deluxe when i had eject buttton on, it had ms dash come up,

but ok look the drives not full it unreadable, even in xbmc says something like unreadable same as f drive, now though in ftp its got 700mb in x y and z drives, 4500 in e f is unreadable and so is c.

do you think that if i did it with the new aid disc it would have ms dash again?

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

4. trav_555

trav_555 Member

why shouldnt i use mhackxbox.rar, i used it to softmod the first time cause i cant get the game

look im gonna try the aid disk, its the new one and it lets you format backup and erase the hdd or just separate parts, if there is a reason that u can tell me why i shouldnt do it with just the new aid disc please tell and ill hotswap again, if not thanks for the help nways

thanks

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

The reason is your xbox already softmoded. Now you install another softmod which possible cause the conflict. It just like you install 2 different windows on the same HD for PC.

That why I said you should intstall clean ms dash. then do softmod your way.

So right now, you have AID. Yes, it will allow you to format the hdd and install stuffs. But is this AID for softmod purpose or for modchip system? If you say for softmod use, then you are ok.

6. trav_555

trav_555 Member

it is aid full 4.10 it must be a softmod one because it comes with sid 5.01

i dont know ill give it a try nways, o nd i know why it didnt work its because i dont have an xbox live thing so it wont let me get past it. is there another way to make it boot ms dash on open disc tray without the need 4 xbox live?

thanks

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

2 ways for sure it works:

1/ hotswap and install clean ms dash. Then use the game to do softmod.

2/ ask someone who has that softmod on their xbox, ftp C and E drive to PC then Zip them up and upload to somewhere. You download it then do hotswap

The 3rd way, just try to install that softmod on your xbox right now. But it may not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2007
  8. pastlog

pastlog Member

hey do you have or know of a program that unlocks your xbox hdd so it can read it because my pc says i need to unlock the drive before i can look at the contents.?

9. dfnewb

dfnewb Guest

when u say delete everything in 0-4 do u een mean u data and t data and do i take the whole ms dash folder and put it in p3

10. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

if your using mhackxbox once u extract it u will see partition 3 and partition 4 and 3 goes in c and 4 goes in e .... i think the xboxhdm is way easier to use .... it puts all the files into the drive for u .....

11. pastlog

pastlog Member

i have a SlaYers disk that i made and i need to know how to relock the hdd because my hdd for my xbox i unlocked so my xbox keeps rebooting when i turn it on.

12. dfnewb

dfnewb Guest

plug the hdd into ur comp while its paused then unpause the comp then wen the comp is done loading take the hdd out without turning the xbox or the computer off and plg it into the xbox with the xbox still running then wen it is plugged into the xbox turn the xbox off and turn it on and u should be all locked up again
    -good luck merry christmas

13. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

i used that AIM disk and it works awsome ! i found i had to copy it to the hd for better perfomance ! but i like how i can switch any time from dash to dash and i choose unleashx as the dash with the 500gb hd xbox ... i have some issues with copying some games to the hd but over all its a pretty cool system ..... i wish i knew about this stuff 2 or 3 years ago lol !!!!

14. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ok i have a question... u know how u have to format f: and then g : if u have a drive thats over 137gb .. im having problems copying games to the g drive but they always copy perfict to the f drive .... im curious if i only formatted the f drive with the 137gb then unplugged the dvd drive get and error code 12 so the drive is unlocked and do a hot swap with gnome partition editor and expanded the f drive .... would this work ? then i thought maybe i could get the f drive to be the full 400+ gb .... any 1 plz ..... i would try my self now but ive been copying games to this dive for weeks and i would hate to start over and have it not work ! well get back to me and tell me what u think ... thankz

15. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

the x box keeps rebooting because the eeprom isnt right ..... u sure u put it in the right folder .... i havent used slayer ... i used mhackxbox and xboxhdm.... but mine would reboot too.. untill i found out i had the wrong eeprom in the drive ... i was doing too many x bxoxes at once and got all fucked up

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

really?
    It works at the beginning. How did you get it reboot all the time?

17. pastlog

pastlog Member

i did put it right the hdd is not locked and i need the password to lock the damn thing and i burned all the original files that werent on the slayers disk and created the hdd but i need to relock it.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Why did you unlock it?

you should know that you have to backup eeprom before unlock it. Now you dont have eeprom to lock the hdd.

There are 2 ways to fix your xbox:

- build the eeprom reader
    - modchip

If you can borrow/have a modchip, install in one xbox. Then lock the hdd. Then remove the modchip and install into another xbox.

19. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

i acn make any xbox boot with the wrong eeprom once ...... then back it up.... i think thats how i did it i could be wrong

20. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

have u tried the aid disk? like i said if u have an eeprom just make the new hd with that .... the only time i had a prob was when i tryed to use unleash x but i found out that i had them mixed up ....