1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ok i beleive that u can use xbox hdm with a stock hd and do not need an eeprom .... i will have to check my disk that i use ..... i think maybe you can make the hd with out using xboxhdm to format f ....and use what ever dashboard to format it ..... really its hard to tell what is the problem with out seeing it .... i have done probally 6 xboxes and used the same xbox hdm disk to do them all ...i do beleive that i had to lock the drive before and used xboxhdm to do it .... i do beleive that once u have an xboxes eeprom u can use any hd and your xbox is safe ... i have not cloned a drive so i dont know what to say about that .... i think the stock hd is the best to use ... although no space means using disks and that can get annoying... when u are creating the new hd u must use a differnet xboxhdm disk with the xboxes eeprom inserted to the disk unlike when u are just modding and making a stock hd work .... so u have to seperate xboxhdm disks made right ?

2. msmitchel

msmitchel Member

I have one that I use just to mod original xbox hd. The other has my eeprom and my current C and E folders and I just made another with ndure and C and E files from this tut so I get the unleash x dash (my eeprom in eeprom folder.

I'm gonna think for awhile to figure out this problem. Its not the 500g hdd cause I formatted it and ran windows on it, works fine. I was able to lock the drive apparently cause my pc asked me to unlock it. So i used xboxhdm to ulock it and it worked. I'm frustrated and I don't know how to trouble shoot any further.

If I can find xbpartitioner i think I might be good, but can't find it anywhere online. I've been told try xbins but I need to read up on how to use mIRC, too busy trying to figure this out.

3. msmitchel

msmitchel Member

I figured it out.. I have the wrong eeprom. I have the one from the C backup folder from the C and E files from this tut. Appearently when I backed up my stuff in unleash it didn't. so.. now I have to get rid of the xbmc dash and back up again. making sure I delete everything in that back up folder before hand.

4. Llamanatr

Llamanatr Member

No I didn't, but I played a game for a bit then when I pressed eject without turning off the xbox, it brought me to the softmod installer and I installed it, so now I have a softmodded xbox, it plays burned games and everything fine, but the only thing wrong is the ring around the eject button is red now. It looks pretty cool actually :O

5. xboxpro

xboxpro Member

This works for all error codes (13,14,20,21) or at least 13:
    What you need:
    2 xboxes (the broken one and one with a working hard drive and a disk drive(disk drive can be broken) )
    Flash FXP
    The Install Linux profile (if you deleted it, you're screwed)

Steps to take:
    1. Let the capaciters to the xbox with a dashboard die so the clock set shows up when you turn it on.
    2. Open both xboxes
    3. Power on both xboxes and let the working one go to the ms clockset.
    4. Take out only the IDE cables that lead to the harddrives and swap them around.
    5.Set the correct time and press A.... (The broken xbox now has the clock set, therefore you can play games again and it will boot past the error screen if you have a game in!) ¡DO NOT UNPLUG THE BROKEN XBOX FOR ANY REASON!
    6.Put the IDE cables back where they were.
    7. Using flash fxp, make a copy of the C drive to your computer from the working xbox.
    8. Load Mechassault, Splinter Cell, or 007 and click the run linux profile.
    9. Download either dashboard you choose.
    10. FTP the C drive over and delete any extra files in the c drive
    11. I'm not sure, but I think the modded dash will go away automatically, if not I'm sorry.

There you have it, another way to fix your xbox.

P.S.- I originaly figured this out when I was messing around with my xbox because I don't have a windows tower.

6. nate4200

nate4200 Member

I was wondering what I am supposed to do after softmodding using this tutorial? I am not sure how to get this thing to play avi files and homebrew games. What I have done so far is;

1.Hotswaped, Backed up entire xbox hard drive(0-4) to my pc using xplorer360
    2.Deleted 0-4 partitions and copied over the partions 3and4 from the ready made mxhackxbox to partions 3and4 on xbox hard drive.
    3.Plugged xbox ide cable back into xbox hard drive.
    4.Restarted and it runs like normal except the light on xbox flashes red,orange,green like it was a rave. It goes to set the clock then the normal menu with memory,music,xboxlive,settings. I went to memory and there are all the softmod files in there but I am not sure how to run all this stuff.

I am pretty computer savy so if someone could point me in the right direction I could get this finished. I just don't understand how the softmoding works. I would like to play avi files on this, and backup my games on it.

So far xbox runs fine and I have all this new software in it that I don't know how to run. It plays games all that stuff. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

**edit- cancel that what i did was accidently not copy evox on partition 4. Seems I have a new xbox now.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nate4200 - Hi and welcome. Referencing the info you posted in your other post i've made the following comments -

I only use Splinter Cell, and can vouch for the Platinum Hits edition being fine for softmodding, not sure about 007 as have never tried that and can't remember what version my 007 is anyways.

Also i haven't come across mxhackxbox. I'm a simple guy, i use Splinter Cell followed by AID (Auto Installer Deluxe). I tend to install just the UnleashX dash, and 3 apps - dvd2xbox, Enigmah Video switcher and XBMC. I used to installed XBMC as a dashboard but now prefer to have XBMC just as an application.

8. nate4200

nate4200 Member

Thank you for the response, sorry about double posting...I wasn't sure if anybody read this far. I guess the only question then I have is, do I need to have splinter cell(or one of the other games) in order to load this hack? Is there any other way to do this without having the game? Like I said before I have evolutionx dashboard with the options that comes with it. When I chose the option to play a game off the hard drive I hpps. ave 2 applications there (dvd2xbox, and Enigmah Video Switcher). I can run these 2 apps.

I can boot aoi and get to all the options. But everytime I try to install unleashx or any apps or roms onto the e: drive I get an error(rename) or an error 2.

9. keddiiii

keddiiii Member

i have a big problem. So am lost my C and E partition on org. hdd.
    So i have new one 40gb disk and iam download softmoded rar with full C and E partiton. But good that i have my eeprom.bin file so am try few times 2 make a new hdd but when i conect hdd on box sometimes i have 2 wait 2-3 min to get moded screen and sometimes i dont have that screen,sometime dont want 2 start. Is maybe problem that i dont have 2 ide conector on my main board my primary master is box hdd and secondary on same cable is dvd
    i dont get any error when do this. And one more because i have eeprom.bin i dont do hotswap am just unlock hdd and do all i need and then just lock him and back 2 box.So here what i do:

1) ulock hdd
    2) make partiton on hdd with boot disk
    3) gotto windows and copy all c and e with xplorer360
    4) back to boot disk and lockhd

is this totaly wrong when i want 2 make new hdd? :( helpp

is this good idea? i dont know what to do i cant back my box to work like beafore

an now i have error 16. When i gotto slep box was work and when i try 2 start today i have error 16. Sometimes i can start sometimes i have some error :(

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  10. keddiiii

keddiiii Member

and i have one more problem xplorer360 sometimes dont see all my part on xbox hdd sometimes i have onay 0 1 2 think that is problem when i put it back in box that box sometimes dont see all part too so cant start...what to do help plz

11. jay77cujo

jay77cujo Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  12. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys. i have error 7, when i try to start the slaYers disc, it still comes up with error 7. is there anyway i can

(a)hotswap to get data and then "reformat" the xbox with the slaYers disc?

(b)how can i get the slaYers disc to work in my xbox??? can anyone help me plz??

ta

BTW. i read in Chunkhead's "Xbox Troubleshooting & Software" page, he said that all errors can be fixed with the slaYers disc... including error 7...

13. jay77cujo

jay77cujo Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  14. Who_U

Who_U Member

Thanks mate, my xbox is modchipped, and no i do not know how to rebuild my xboxhdd (yet...)

ta

15. jay77cujo

jay77cujo Member

this is the way i rebuilt my xboxhdd back to it's original state.
    i followed this forum and had great success!! there seems to be two ways to do it.
    1. Hotswapping by hooking the xboxhdd up to your pc's secondary IDE cable and using xplorer360 to restore the hdd.

2. Hotswapping by hooking the xboxhdd up to your pc's primarary IDE cable and not using your pc's hdd at all. then booting your pc with the linux disc,and installing it on your xboxhdd.

the method i used was #2 because at the time i could'nt get xplorer360 to access my xboxhdd.
    here is the forum for restoring your xboxhdd if you need to.
    but you might be able to recover your mod or use some kind of auto-installer disc.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462

if you need my assistance i'm more than happy to give you what i can
    since i recently softmodded my xbox by myself thanks to this forum!!

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

17. jay77cujo

jay77cujo Member

ok, ive got my xbox softmodded. does anybody know how i get the DVD player to work?i used the "mhackxbox" and replaced partions 3-4 on my xboxhdd. had success, but now i don't know how to get the dvdplayer to work. think maybe i need to open or copy some files. not quite sure what to do next. anybody out there have an idea?

18. silent714

silent714 Regular member

your dvd drive doesnt work or do you want to play dvds? Softmod doesnt mess with the dvd drive so if doesnt work it probably got diconnected. If you are saying you can't play dvd's then install xbox media center.

19. jay77cujo

jay77cujo Member

thanks, i read somewhere about the xbox media ceneter. isn't it included with the "mhackxbox" files?
    and my dvd drive works fine, just need to get my playback from the dvd's. i have a file on my hdd that say's "dvd.xip" but dunno how to execute it, that's if i'm supposed to.
    thanks for the feedback.

20. alienandy

alienandy Guest

Hullo I'm new here.

I'm being given an Xbox and would like to mod it. However, all three of the PC's I have are 4 sata one IDE.

I don't know if this question has been asked, and I really don't want to trawl through 87 pages so I figured I would ask.

Can I boot windows from a sata drive and hotswap the xbox drive into my IDE channel?

I can't see this making any difference to using 2 ides but hey, I figured I would ask :)

Thanks !

AA