1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. brockky

brockky Member

heres a quick question then.. were can I find a chip. Where do they come from and how reliable are they.

2. lsvtec

lsvtec Member

hey TheReturn.. okay i bought a modchip and just had it installed in my xbox.. the thing is i dont have my original xbox hd anymore, do you think i can still install a new hd and play or do i need my old hard drive?

3. regime

regime Regular member

I keep getting the "Cluster Chain Problem: Next Cluster After 0 Is Unallocated" wen i try to delete the saves and stuff from partition 4 and remove the folders INSIDE of udata and tdata

4. short450

short450 Guest

you have to go down deep into the file folders and start deleteing if the file is to big it wont delete them all it just gives that error i had the same problem last night but i fixed my error 16 xbox with not white mic logo!!!!!!!!

5. regime

regime Regular member

lol thankz man imma try now...gotta restart tho....last nite i cud just plug it in n it wud recognise.....not no more :-( but oh well, if i kan fix it, its worth da time

6. regime

regime Regular member

damn.....but how do i lock it back, i put the ide cable back in and THEN restart the xbox....still an error 05

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@regime
    what error code did you have at the beginning?
    The error 5 means that hdd is unlocked. Hotswap will not fix this error.

@short450
    did you fix your xbox yet?

@lsvtec
    Install the modchip into xbox. Then flash bios. Then download and burn the autoinstaller disk like AID, Slayer, SID. Xbox should load this autoinstaller disk.

You dont need the orginal hdd. Just install the big hdd into xbox. Then load the autoinstaller disk and format hdd and install dashboard + apps.

Done

8. regime

regime Regular member

i get an error 5 all da time. I can hot swap but i guess that wont solve the problem....i just need a program r something to lock da HD back, cuz i kant access the Dashboard.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you have eeprom? if not, you need a modchip.
    Try to find the eeprom.bin (256k) on C and E drive of xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2006
  10. regime

regime Regular member

yea i got a eeprom.bin but i tried openin it to get da password, but it wudnt let me with liveinfo....says its not a valid v.1.0 r v1.1

11. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

*getting off of this thread*

12. brockky

brockky Member

alright. Last night I got another xbox and backed everything to pc. Now I can't find anything I put in the dash from where I downloaded. did what I was supposed to do. Got and error 21 with a disc in. If the disc isn't in I get and error 13. COmpletly lost. On top of that when I got and change the files from Shady's it says file c.. no I copy that to partition 3 but the folder is c. My screwing this up.. ps late last night I retried only to find partition 4 missing.. what the hell thought this was supposed to be easy.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@regime
    do not open or change the eeprom.bin
    you also need to download Shademand softmod file 324MB. then extract it all the way until you have C and E folder.
    Then download and extract xboxhdm1.9 on desktop and follow this instruction to build a new hdd for your xbox. Make sure you have a good eeprom.bin

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366945

You can also go here read and ask question too.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

@brockky
    did you download the Shademand file 324MB? if so, extract it all the way until you have C and E folder on PC. Then do hotswap and copy everything INSIDE C folder to Partition3, copy everything INSIDE E folder to partition4.

Just follow my tut.

14. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

I will strest, people seam to not do this when problem develop they stuck, I was in the same sictuation

Once you follow TheReturn tut and got it to hotswap and got your Xbox boot up, one of the first thing you should do is run configmagic and make a backup copy of your eeprom.bin and save it on your computer or a removable storage device, <<<its a must>>>, you will need it if you decided you want to in stall a larger HHD in your Xbox later, It all there in the TheReturn tut some of you think it hard all you need to do is develop a good understanding and you will realize how easy it really is, == IT'S EASY == The only hard part is hotswaping.

15. anthonyd3

anthonyd3 Guest

idk can u help me fix error 9 cause the microsoft logo aint appearin

16. anthonyd3

anthonyd3 Guest

i got error 9 from tryin to hotswap and i messed up

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

Not very common error, please try another harddisk.

Check all cables of the HDD and DVD drive and Motherboard on xbox. Make sure they have good connections.

How did you messed up? what did you do to get error 9?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2006
  18. deathcast

deathcast Member

when u pull out the IDE cable from the Xbox hdd is the xbox screen with the big X sepose to freeze?? mine did but after a while it went back to error 21....

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you pull out the IDE cable from xbox's hdd just before xbox freezes. After you pulled out, dont worry about xbox freezed.

If you pull it out after xbox freezed, the hdd stays locked. Then xplorer360 will not read the hdd.

20. short450

short450 Guest

hi i hot swaped my error 16 on my 1.6 xbox and got it back to original and it works great so i got this 1.0 xbox and hot swaped it and installed the softmod on it and it works but the dvd drvie freezes up alot so can i hot swap my 1.6 ver again and install the softmod on it or do i have to do it another way???