1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. danoski

danoski Guest

yep all cables are in properly but cant determine what time to attempt hotswap as the microsoft logo wont come up, is it still possible? Now after about a minute error 7 comes up. Can i still hotswap?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2006
  2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@codeit
    First you need to fix the xbox before changing hdd. You should dowload ms dash and Shademand softmod file 324MB on the 1st page. Then extract as I said on the tut. Then you are ready to do hotswap.

@KeroKira

CHEERS.....

@danoski
    The pc hung, which means you have problems with connections. The xbox's hdd and pc's hdd are on 2 different IDE cable on PC. This is very important. if they are on the same IDE cable, PC will not boot.

After you disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd, you are not worry about xbox anymore. Just focus on PC.

You can still do hotswap without microsoft logo. Just disconnect IDE cable before xbox goes the service screen or hangs.

What error code do you have now when turn on xbox normally?

The ms dash is in trf-xbox tools. Read my tut to know which file or folder for ms dash.

Did you download the Shademand softmod file 324MB? if not, download it. Extract it all the way until you have C and E folder on Desktop.

Then do the hotswap. You have 2 options: Restore hdd or Install Shademand softmod.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2006
  3. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

okay people...if you have almost everything you need...except the working ms dash(because shademands ready made softmod doesnt have one) and the fact that its evox and unleashx is easier to use....I've got a thread up where you can dl a working stock dash. right now im compressing a softmodded xbox so i can upload it to rapidshare.de and once i do ill have a link to both the stock xbox dash and the softmod. so dude who made this, this going to be for you kind of. Give people a chance to choose what they want, instead of just saying heres evox now have fun. =P

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@ds1615
    Yep those files are helpful.

As you said you are pro hotswaping now. Can you help ppl around to do hotswaping? I dont have much time to help them.

5. regime

regime Regular member

fusk SALT!!! ~i ono random thing~

6. danoski

danoski Guest

nah this error 7 thing is screwin me. i dont think i can get the hotswap to work ive tried a gazillion times. would a modchip fix this or a new hdd and who's tut would be the best to follow?
    Thanks fellas

7. regime

regime Regular member

xboxhdm or even a cheap mod chip

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Sure modchip will fix your xbox.
    If you have eeprom, try to use xboxhdm1.9 first. This save you money.

9. regime

regime Regular member

sorry about that , i forgot to tell u about the eeprom thingy wit xboxhdm

10. danoski

danoski Guest

xboxhdm? who has a tut thats easy enough to follow?

11. regime

regime Regular member

12. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

Hey I happen to get an error 7 as well. Usually before my xbox gets to the service screen it hangs but after I hook it up it goes to the service screen and shows error 7. And when I start up xplorer 360 it doesn't show up. any advice on what it could be?

Thanx in advance y'all.

13. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

Well I tried with a game inside but no white logo. I know I can do it, just don't know how.

14. shivang

shivang Member

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@danoski
    go here. there are 2 tuts for xboxhdm with pics.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366945

@lrmoura1
    I dont think hotswap works with error 7. How did you get this error?

@shivang
    If you unlock the hdd that way, you can't never lock the hdd back again. Then it becomes useless and xbox will need modchip.

16. mOdmYbox

mOdmYbox Member

Edited By Vurbal For Offensive Language

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  17. shivang

shivang Member

hi,

thanx 4 the reply TheReturn i will just do the hotswap no biggie.

@ mOdmYbox (Newbie)

it`s nice 2 see Newbies givin in their say i just wanted 2 ask wat makes u say u cant upgrade a hdd on a softmoded box havin seen peoples with 250gbs

18. cearel

cearel Guest

yea really man i have a 320 gig

19. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

IDK how i got the error. It just happened. It went from error I think 13 to 7. I don't remember. sooo, hotswapping doesn't work with error 7. ok well is there anything else I can do?

20. regime

regime Regular member

I dont remember which error is which, but mayb u replaced/deleted a needed file from the xbox