1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I think yes. modchip will fix your xbox. You can borrow a modchip from your friends. I will help you to fix your xbox. Then return the mochip back to your friend.

when turn xbox on, do you see the bios boot as normal?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  2. fafasi

fafasi Member

i waited for the xbox logo wait,first i did use xboxhdm to try and hotswap the xboxhd to factory.is there a better way to do this. can you please give me instructions on how to do hotswap. please step by step. do not leave anything out please.i tryed to find your tut,but i had a hard time. i only want to hotswap my xbox.

also i have one question to ask.once i stopped on the hotswap,i tryed to create a hdd from scratch.using a brand new hdd using xboxhdm.i get to the very last step and it sayes that their is no xboxhdm files on the new xbox hdd.but when it is done copying c folder and e folder i quite and wait to reboot.but then it does not reboot it gives me some words. how log is all this suppose take anyway?both hotswap and hdd swap.

thanx for your time

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

sorry for late reply.

ok answer all my questions:
    what wrong with your xbox now?
    what error code?
    is it an original hdd?
    do you have eeprom on PC?

For my hotswap, which part you did not understand? Yep, I can guide you step by step.

If you have original eeprom on PC, YES you can build a new hdd for xbox by using xboxhdm.

4. fafasi

fafasi Member

problems 1. my box stop on the microsoft logo.time to time it will read a origanal game but not copied game.

2.error code sometime is 13.sometimes meaning,when it plays it freezes, then when i turn it off then turn back on again it will show the code 13.

3.the xbox hdd is origanal and yes i do have the eeprom.bin on my p.c.

those are my problems.

thanx

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well my hotswap tut on the first page will fix the error 13. But it is kind of hard to hotswap. You need to understand PC.

Since you have ORIGINAL eeprom.bin (256k) on PC, you can build a brand new hdd for xbox. So stuffs you need:

-get the complete working softmod files of C and E drive from your friend's xbox. SO ftp whole C drive to C folder on PC and ftp the whole E drive to E folder on PC.

-If you dont know any one who has working softmod xbox, then download Shademand softmod 324MB OR MS dash on the first page. Shademad softmod has complete C and E files. For MS dash, read my tut to know what are support to be in C and E folder.

-The very important item is an original eeprom.bin. Put it the eeprom folder

-download xboxhdm1.9. Extract xboxhdm you will see the linux folder. Inside the linux folder there are 3 folders: C, E, eeprom. So replace the C, E, eeprom folder with the one on PC. Then read the tut below to build a hdd for xbox.

-Notes: CLOCK HDD WITH YOUR EEPROM AFTER YOU COPY ALL FILES TO C AND E DRIVE.
    http://xguides.xbox-scene.com/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=XBOXHDM+for+dummies
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t244043.html

If you want to do my hotswap, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  6. fafasi

fafasi Member

o.k. i have followed this(1.xboxhdm ver. 1.7 ( current version 1.9)
    2.Slayers Disk 2.5 final ( for dash version 4920) or Firefuckers x-disk ( for dash version
    5659.03 or live 2.0, needed for kernel over 53xx).

MAKE YOUR BOOTABLE XBOXHDM CD IMAGE

1. Unpack xboxhdm_v1.9
    2. After you unpack you find this files under xboxhdm folder:
    a. linux ( folder)
    b. cygwin1.dll
    c. make-DOS-floppy.bat
    d. make-iso-lin.sh
    e. make-iso-win.bat
    f. mkisofs.exe
    g. rawrite.exe
    h. also some other readme files.
    3. Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C
    folder. ) and i have a disk made.but 1.thing is the xbox screen when it starts up and go to the microsoft logo it stayed there.but no error 13 or any thing happens.i don't know if it is unlocked or anything.i'm having a really hard time with it.what else can i do to make it work?

thanx for replying.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you did not follow the xboxhdm instruction. That is why you get error 13. No dashboard. So go back xboxhdm and UNLOCK the hdd.

Do you have a complete softmod files of C and E drive OR complete ms dash? If NO, you can't make this hdd work.

- under xboxhdm folder:
    a. linux ( folder)
    b. cygwin1.dll
    c. make-DOS-floppy.bat
    d. make-iso-lin.sh
    e. make-iso-win.bat
    f. mkisofs.exe
    g. rawrite.exe

-Inside the linux folder you should have:
    a. C (folder)
    b. E (folder)
    c. eeprom (folder)

do you have that? If NO, stop here and let me know.

If yes, follow this to setup the linux folder:

FOR MS DASH ONLY:
    -C (folder): Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

-E (folder): Cache, Tdata, Udata
    -eeprom (folder): eeprom.bin

NOTES: 3 foders Cache, Tdata and Udata can be EMPTY.

FOR SOFTMOD FILES ONLY:
    -C (folder) have complete softmod file of C
    -E (folder) have complete softmod file of E

Now you can make a boot disk. Boot up xboxhdm, FORMAT HDD. Then copy file from the boot disk to hdd. When done, LOCK the hdd. Put hdd into xbox and turn xbox on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2006
  8. fafasi

fafasi Member

I HAVE - under xboxhdm folder:
    a. linux ( folder)
    b. cygwin1.dll
    c. make-DOS-floppy.bat
    d. make-iso-lin.sh
    e. make-iso-win.bat
    f. mkisofs.exe
    g. rawrite.exe

-Inside the linux folder you should have:
    a. C (folder)
    b. E (folder)
    c. eeprom (folder) .

QUESTION:DO I NEED TO HAVE MS DASH ONLY:
    -C (folder): Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

-E (folder): Cache, Tdata, Udata
    IF I ALREADY HAVE XBOXHDM.DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON THE SAME BOOT DISK OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON A DIFERENT DISK? OR DO I NEED IT AT ALL?

I DO NOT HAVE A SOFTMOD DISK. I ONLY HAVE IT ON MY ACTION REPLAY. IS THAT O.K?

IF I NEED THE MS DASH,PLEASE LINK ME TO THE CORRECT SITE TO GET IT.SAME THING WITH SOFTMOD. PLEASE.

AND THANX FOR ALL YOUR INFO.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You can Only do one at time: MS dash OR Softmod file. If you don't have softmod file, do the MS dash.

Xboxhdm does NOT have ms dash or softmod file. That is why you need to download ms dash or Shademand softmod file from the first page. Or you can get softmod file and ms dash from your friend's xbox.

So follow my instruction above to put ms dash in the lunix folder. Then make a boot disk. The boot disk, that you already made, will not work.

10. fafasi

fafasi Member

i don't get it.i have already placed the C-folder and the E-folder and the eeprom.bin in the linux folder.this might sound stupid but do i have to do them again for the msdash? or are they the msdash folder that you are talking about?.
    Can i leave the E-folder empty?because some of my gamesaves are hacked.i have read that some gamesaves can miss things up with the bootdisk that you are trying to create? i don't mean to have a lot of questions but i just want this one to be right..

thanx Again.

11. boc7269

boc7269 Member

ok i deleated some files in my xbox so i could get rid of my softmod. but i think i deleated sumthin important.b/c everytime i turn it on it says 21 inthe top left corner. and it says service is required. but when i put a game in it then turn it of then on the game works?? can someone help me fix my xbox. these are the files i deleated config, default, evox, items, bios, and trainers.

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@fafasi

yes, you have to put ms dash in the C folder. You have to put Cache, Tdata, Udata folder in the E folder.

If you do nothing to C and E folder, the hdd will not work.

That is why you have to do what I said above.

@boc7269
    so try to load the game that you used to softmod the xbox. Then try to access the linux file, reinstall softmod. When you xbox works again, learn how to ftp. Then let me know I will help to restore hdd to factory condition by using ftp.

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

oops..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  15. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

And now for the easy way to fix your xbox

Buy a mod chip
    Burn an evox boot disc
    FTP a couple of files

woopee

16. fafasi

fafasi Member

i have done that.i already put all c-folder and e-folder in their right place.the boot disk work,i don't know what i'm doing wrong.when i boot the disk it finds the new hdd.it formats the c-folder and e-folder.but in the end it says that there is no xboxhdm found on the new hdd. so what am i doing wrong for that message to apair?

17. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

Hello!

Maybe someone can help me with this!

I have a xBox 80GB HDD that I can not unlock, I know the password.
    I have been trying the Hotswap method, and some other methods but nothing!

Is there any way I can fix this!

This appened when I have tried to copy the XBMC BlingBling to the HDD.
    After copy I have just reboot the xBox and appears the Microsoft failure screen with error nÂș06
    Thanks in advance

18. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  19. boc7269

boc7269 Member

TheReturn, or mik3h. i already know how to ftp and all that stuff. but when i try to reinstall the soft mod it says error 112 wich i think is a i dont have enugh memory on my xbox. plus my xbox wont let me ftp into it.i saved all the files i deleated just incase this happen but i didnt expect it lock me out. should i send it to a store to get it fixed? or can i still do it myself.

20. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

The problem is that I can't use the HDD in xBox!

Thanks