1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. grayfox12

grayfox12 Member

okay here's my problem. I was tryin to switch from evox to unleashx and i forgot that evox was called evoxdash.xbe and not default.xbe. So i renamed my default.xbe to default.xbe1 and unleashx to default.xbe. I tried to load it up and of course it failed. now im tryin to get it back to normal but its bein gay. my xbox can unlock the drive but xboxhdm cant. its the exact same disk i used to make the hd and it wont work. I also tried hot swapping and it wont work. so i need to know wut i can do about this.

i tried assembly and xboxscene as passwords.

i know its the same empprom.

im getting error 21.

help pls!!!!

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@boc7269
    well you can do hotswap before send it out. The tut is on first page. So download all the stuffs and read the tut 2-3 times first before doing hotswap. If you are confusing, question here.

@fafasi
    hmm...
    did you follow xboxhdm tut? I'm not why you get that message.

@grayfox12
    hotswap should work on your xbox. Tell me how you did hotswap.

@Milojinir
    Which error code is this n06? Tell me how you did hotswap.

3. grayfox12

grayfox12 Member

i turned on my pc and pressed the pause/break button. then i turned on my xbox and waited for the microsoft symbol to show up, and i quickly took the ide ribbon out of the xbox hd and plugged in my pc primary ide ribbon. i then loaded up xboxhdm and tried to redo my c drive, but it says its still locked. any ideas?

also, if i take another drive, make it suitable for my xbox, then load up unleashx and do a hotswap between the drive in my box and my other drive, then use the unlock feature in unleashx, will that work?

4. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

Hello TheReturn!

Actually it means "06" on the Manual says: Kernel - Can not unlock HDD.
    I have tried the hotswap like in your tuturial and used "xboxhdm".

I think better try again maybe because I been tyred didn't worked for me. I'm in this for almost 5 days.
    Will let you know!

Thanks in advance

Milojinir

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@grayfox12
    This is the problem. You did not read my instruction on the first page. You only use xboxhdm to upgrade hdd IF you have original eeprom.

So read my tut carefully on the first page and do hotswap again. Download all stuffs too. It will work. If you have questions, ask me before doing hotswap. You need to understand the whole process first.

@Milojinir
    Hotswap will not work with error 06. It's insteresting that after you copied XBMC to hdd, you get error 06. I dont know how you get this error. Is this hdd original in this xbox?

With my understanding, this hdd is not belong this xbox. In other word, this hdd is belong to other xbox or is an upgraded hdd.

do you have original eeprom for this xbox on PC?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  6. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

Hello The Return!

You are right!
    This is an upgraded HDD. (I have the generated password for this one but can't unlock and don't know why).
    I have the original xBox HDD, still working ok.
    And yes I do have the original eeprom saved on my PC.
    Believe me, I've tried to do all(Haven't I? I question myself!)
    Do you think there is any chance to get this HDD to work again?
    I have tried with a Win98 Boot disk the command HDUNLOCK and selected the correct HDD, when asking the password I have typed correct, says DONE! at the end but when I tepy the command ATAPWD I see that the HDD still Locked!
    I realy don't know what to do!

Thanks in advance!

Milojinir

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

You dont have to, just make an evox boot disc(if you are using a mod chip that has already been flashed) if you soft-modded then you can get out of it via hotswap or the far easier way of buying a mod-chip.

9. Feanturi

Feanturi Member

Hey, I'm brand new to this, but I've tried to restore my MS dashboard from evoX (because I can't play Forza - original or burned) and now everytime I turn on my xbox, it says that it is trying to update xbox live, which i've never had. I've had a friend try to help me restore it, but no matter how many times i try to hotswap my HD, it won't unlock,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Feanturi
    You can't restore hdd, so do softmod.

You can get the complete softmod file of C and E drive from your friend's xbox or download the Shademand softmod file.

Then do hotswap again. Once, your xbox's working again. I will help to restore hdd by using ftp.

12. TobeyB

TobeyB Member

I have installed the softmod onto my harddisk via shademans package, now i get the error 13. How can i fix this? Do i need a new xbox dash?

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

how did you install Shademand file? did you back the ms dash?

if you used hotswap to install Shademand softmod, then do hotswap again and install ms dash back to hdd.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006
  14. TobeyB

TobeyB Member

i used hotswap to copy all of the files from shademans softmod then i put the HDD back in my xbox and got error 13. I just hotswapped again and copied the ms-c files from the link you posted in the origional post and i still get error 13. Should i wipe all of the partitions and then start again with just the ms-c and put shademans over the top?

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes, start again. Delete everything then copy Shademand or ms dash back. Read the tut on first page for more instructions.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006
  16. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

hey return i finally fixed my xbox tried the bittorrent version of the mod and it worked! many thanx and keep up the good work

17. TobeyB

TobeyB Member

Now i cant see the microsoft logo and when i try and access the HDD through xplorer 360 the prog locks up so im going to have to find a mod chip, thanks for your help...

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Vicious27
    Can you point out where do you download the file, how big, what are in this file? Because lot of people get a wrong file.

Cheers

@TobeyB
    dont give up. Even you dont see the logo, you can still do hotswap. you may be get a wrong file or not a complete Shademand file.

19. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

20. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

i will upload iso on megauploads ill confirm link when done