1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mhack

mhack Guest

yeah pfloy.
    am in liverpool, england.

i assume u need a specific setup to make it work and am not good at that side of things but any help would be most appreciated.

many thanks.

am gona read the tut again so i have a good idea of what i need to do coz the reader only part of it i can work out.

2. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

i`ve got the componants you`ll need to build one if you want them you`ll just have to get a piece of strip board and a 9 pin d plug you can have them for nowt. or if you`ld rather i can send you mine as long as you send it back again ,but ,are you trust worthy....mmmmmmmmmm....hehehehe .if you are a bit messy with the soldering iron make sure you follow the `easy` rules for attaching it to the eeprom cos that eeprom is tiny and a bit fiddly to attatch too

dave

3. mhack

mhack Guest

pfloy

where did you get your components from? are you in england. i really could do with my own reader i have been given another box with the same problem so itll be handy to have my own. but thanks for the offer most appreciated!!
    if you r from uk advice on where to get the right stuff would do i have someone whos good at that side of things who would possibly build it for me. many thanks again!

4. roadtrash

roadtrash Guest

5. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

i got them from a woman on ebay .if you gimmie an address i`ll send you the componants you`ll just need the stripboard ...make sure you get the right type of board ...you can use any stirip board if you know what you`re doing but if you are new to it get the exact same on that unicron used !!

yeah i am in the UK btw i`m in Norfolk ..maplins will have all you need!!

dave

dave

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. mhack

mhack Guest

@pfloy
    thats cool ive got a maplins just around the corner from here ill have a look tmoz and if i get no joy i would be grateful for you to send me the componants. ill post back here sun/mon and let u know how i get on thanks for all your help!!!

7. roadtrash

roadtrash Guest

Can somebody please answer my question so I can order me a new HDD

useing shademans softmod, what is the largest HDD I can use?

can I use this HDD?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148139

Thanks

I just softmodded my friends box. I decided to use the hotswap method instead of an auto installer. It went off without a hitch. I like this method of modding because you can backup the original HDD first, and then set it up like you want. You can also put all the original game saves back where they go. Now I'm gonna put a big HDD in it and suprise him with a media system that will blow his mind. XBMC rules

8. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=Xbox_HardDrives

dunno if yours is on there i haven`t looked ...but it`s a list of ones to try

EDIT : JUST LOOKED AND IT SHOULD BE FINE !!

dave

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

That one will do, just don't go over 350 gigs or you will get data corruption problems.

10. jakks

jakks Regular member

My xbox is giving me error 16, so I thought the best way to get it sorted was hotswapping, I got everything setup but when I open Xplorer360 and go harddrive or memcard it displays the first couple of partitions but when it trys to read partition 3 is displays this error message

"Out of data while reading cluster 3"

So I cant seem to copy/paste files, any advice on how to fix this ?

Cheers

11. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

sounds like the partitions are screwed up ....use xboxhdm to format and re-install would be my advice .(and ndure to softmod again)

dave

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jakks
    You should try another version of Xplorer360 to see if it reads the same before reformatting the hdd. If you dont have 5 partitions on the hdd, you need to reformat it.

13. mhack

mhack Guest

just need a bit more advice i have got 2 hardirves from old pc both 8gb and 2 xboxs with locked hardrives! here goes i have all i need for an eep reader (cheers to pfloy for advice). but to possibly make life easier for me do the hardrives have to be formatted in a certain way to get xboxhd to read them? or do u just need a blank new drive!? i cant seem to get the xbox hd to pick up the drives!

14. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

go ahad and make the eeprom reader ...thats the first priority ...and then you can use the drives in whatever state they are in ....set them up with xboxhdm that will format and partition them as nescessary

make sure you have removed all your PC drives and your xbox drive is on you primary ide cable as a master
    you only want your xbox drive and dvd drive conected on SEPERATE cables

BTW if your xboxes have working hd`s in them you just need to use the hotswap method to unlock them and then use xboxhdm ...no need for the eeprom reader

dave

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. mhack

mhack Guest

nah both hd on the xboxs are locked (one my fault by the looks of it) thats y am guessing the eeprom will hopefully unlock em!! but either way i need the eep dont i to put any hd in the box's? am workin on it!! its all good education!
    i have figured out hoe to use xboxhd.
    But without the eep for the specific box for the hd i guess there is nothing i can do.
    thnks for everyones help!

17. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

do you mean they are locked to a different xbox ?? or do you have the xboxes they are locked to?? or have you locked them wrongly ? if they are locked incorrectly you`re gonna have a hell of a job getting them unlocked because you need to know what code they have been locked too ,obviously if they`re not locked to either of the xboxes you have getting the eeprom data from the boxes isn`t gonna help you . you could flash them (renew/update the firmware on the actual drive) that`ll unlock them

if you DO have the correct LOCKED drives in the CORRECT xbox i.e. the drive is locked to the box it`s in then you just need to hot swap

hot swapping DOES uplock the drive for you and then you can just use xboxhdm and you`re away .the drive will lock again when you put it back in the xbox
    dave

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  18. Raymon117

Raymon117 Guest

Thanks for this great tutorial TheReturn. My xbox is running perfect thanks to hotswap. Not quite sure what I did wrong in the first place because I didn't have to make any changes in bios.

19. mhack

mhack Guest

i have the right drives for the right box!!
    ive tried hotswap wif x360 but no joy. i have also tried xboxhd to unlockem but no joy(ive also tried with my own xbox eep). so am gona get the eep from each box then put the right drive on with xboxhd with the eep. the hopefully thats it innit?!?!?

20. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

it`s your pc mate ....some pcs just wont read `em ...you got another one ???

you definatley DON`T NEED to eeprom ...don`t risk blowing it for nothing .!! The xbox will unlock it for you .

hotswap is the way to go for you .just hot swap into the pc ....use xboxhdm and ndure . I had the same problem my pc just wouldn`t read them after hot swapping so i used a different pc and it worked first time every time .

you`re not going to be able to unlock them on that pc because it`s not able to read them once it`s been locked ,even with hot swap .so even if you get the eeprom it`s not going to read the drive . it needs to be able to detect/read the drive BEFORE you can apply the unlock code

it`s a shame you`re not closer ...i`d do it for you .

dave

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007