1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you download mhackxbox.rar?
    did you download all versions of explorer360?
    did you see 5 partitions on xbox hdd?

On explorer360 you can copy file back and forth to PC and Xbox. If it does not work, try to use other explorer360 versions. NOTE DONT HAVE TO REDO HOTSWAP.

Use mhackxbox file to fix your xbox. Backup your eeprom. Dont try to unlock hdd right now because you can do hotswap.

2. MadRus

MadRus Guest

1) Yes i saw 5 partitions - all were empty except the last one.
    I tried explorer 3, 4, and 5. Only 5 was able to see partitions but wasn't able to do anything with them.
    2) What is mhackxbox file ?
    3) The only thing i was ablt to do is to copy partition 4 onto my PC, not the other way around. Wouldn't let me delete or move anything in Xplorer.
    Hope you got more steps for me to take. Be back in 10 hours after work.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

mhackxbox file is the complete working softmod file. download it from the first page.

If you don't want softmod file, you download the clean msdash from the first page.

well you can copy partition 4 to PC which mean you can copy file from PC to partition 4 and other partitions as well. you can also try the explorer360 beta 6.

Read the first page for instructions where to copy files to xbox's hdd. your xbox will work again.

4. MadRus

MadRus Guest

OK, so i got my hdd unlocked with HDDUnlocker, cost me $4.97 which i did not mind. I used the xboxhd to get all the stuff back on it, which was fine. After i put my xbox hdd back in xbox and started it up, it gave me error 5 (which is HDD unlocked) So i started reading more and figured out that the only way i can lock my hard drive again is with eeprom.bin which i dont have. It wasn't on xboxhd, or it did not come with MSDash that i got from my buddy. Now i'm stuck again,,,,,any ideas would be nice.

5. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

I have an off-topic question. Do you think that the Xbox DVD drive also has these same codes...if any at all? And if it would be possible to harvest them....just a thought. >.<

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is why I told you ealier. DO NOT unlock the hdd.
    That is why you need to do hotswap.

Now you need your xbox's eeprom. And you dont have it.

So you will need modchip or build the eeprom reader (second post on first page.

7. MadRus

MadRus Guest

Yeah i know i messed up on that part. But i was just running out of options so i unlocked it. So you saying i can build eeprom for my motherboard's hdd ?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Firefoxy
    No. You can swap dvdrom with any xbox.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

10. MadRus

MadRus Guest

That's too much work there. Plus soldering and wiring. I'm too stupid for all that creativity.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Then you need modchip. You can borrow one if you can.

12. MadRus

MadRus Guest

I wish i had someone to borrow from. I only know couple people with modded boxes and those are softmodded. :(

13. MadRus

MadRus Guest

Do you think it's stupid to try to put someone else's eeprom in my xboxhd and make a new ISo, and then use IT to lock my hdd back ?

14. cubix

cubix Member

Slightly off topic but if your original dvd drive in your xbox1 is on the blink could you use any dvd drive or does it need to be an xbox one

Thanks

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@MadRus
    If you use any other eeprom to lock the hdd, your xbox's motherboard can NOT unlock it.

@cubix
    You can't use dvd drive out there for your xbox. But you can use any xbox's dvd for you xbox.

16. cookie257

cookie257 Member

Ok well my problem is that i get error 16 i made a xboxhdm disc and tryed to unlock it and it did not work it said done but nothing happend i also made a bootable dos flopy with the unlock tolls in it and it doesnt seem to work can someone help me here ive ben reading this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462#3343939

and i followed the instructions but my hdd is locked so i go and try to unlock it and yes i backuped my eprom and its on the cd and i also have it written down and i cant seem to unlock it ive tried option 3 which is a mini live Linux and it says type unlockhd to unlock hard drive and it gives me three messages and it doesn't seem to do anything.

17. dadude72

dadude72 Member

Hi TheReturn

Maybe offtopic, but:
    I don't have the xboxdashdata.185ead00, and xodash the C drive my xbox hdd. All the .xip files are in the root
    I do have the fonts and audio folder though.

Now, is it safe for me to replace these files with the ones found in mhackxbox.rar file??

The reason I'm asking is because I think my dashboard is somehow corrupt, because my box doesn't recognize that I have a digital optical cable attached to it, and therefor want to update / restore it.

Thanks in advance.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@cookie257
    how do you get error 16?

You can follow that instruction to repair the hdd. That instruction should work.

If you have original eeprom, xboxhdm will unlock the hdd. Then you can use xboxhdm to copy files back to hdd and relock it.

@dadude72
    yes your msdash is corrupted. I dont know if your xbox is softmoded or NOT. If it is not, you download the ms dash and fix it.

The mhackxbox.rar file is the complete softmod file. If you use it, your xbox will be softmoded

19. MadRus

MadRus Guest

Thanks for all your help Return. I think i'll just give up on it. I have 360 and it's modded and works so im ok with it. It's just i had osmeone wanted to buy my original, willing to pay me 150 bucks for it. Waste of time, mine and his. :(

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what the hell, $150 for a broken xbox?