1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you copy one chapter?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by aaron_rip, Jan 26, 2007.

1. aaron_rip

aaron_rip Member

Okay, so I followed the guide from mediaguru. I'm using MTR 2.6.6 and Toast 7 (no compression software because the file is only 262MB). I'm only trying to make a DVD copy of just 1 chapter. I've thoroughly read the MTR pdf manual for extracting individual chapters, but to no avail. When I play it with DVD player I get a system error: "could not detect a valid media file -70001." Tried several times. Also tried dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into Toast under the video>DVD video from VIDEO_TS and it says "this is not a valid VIDEO_TS folder, it cannot be selected." Tried multiple DVDs, and different extractors (OSeX, DVDBackup 1.3) for the heck of it. What am I doing wrong?!?!?

2. okjhnv

okjhnv Guest

3. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

MTR is great...but only for a full rip (decryption) of a disc. No end of problems when you try to both decrypt and extract the movie (or less) at the one go.
    So - always do a full disc extract with MTR and save to HD. Then use DVD2One because of the absolute quality and flexibility, whether extracting a full disc, movie only, one episode of a number of episodes of a TV show, a layer, a chapter, or a cell!!. It's not free, but if you are going to be doing much ripping/copying work, it's indispensible.

terryxpress