1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Thats why you should dump French and Japanese cars and just buy American cars. I can guarantee you you'll never have back pains in a 2005 Corvette or a 1989 Astro for that matter. Chevrolet 4 life!

The only Japanese car I can recommend at all is the Mitsubishi Lancer. And that's only if you plan on a bit of modding and engine work.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I have two general motors vehicles, but will never own another one. I had a new rear end put in my Suburban, and ten months later, it shattered for no reason. They wouldn't stand behind it. I had gone over the milage warranty a little, but a rear end is supposed to last longer than the vehicle. Like I told them...........for a brand new rear end to shatter after ten months, either the parts were defective, or the mechanic didn't get the tolerances right! Either way, they should have stood behind it.

One reason they didn't, was because I towed my bass boat, about a half dozen times. The rear end was a 373, meant for towing. They held it against me, because I used it to do what it was meant to do! I had it out with GM, at their headquarters in Detroit, or where ever they are. I told them I'd never own another one, and anybody else I could stop from buying one....I would! I have stopped a couple of people so far.

So, don't buy a GM car ........Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Hummer, Cadillac, and models that used to be Geo.......... Do yourself a favor, and buy a Ford, Dodge, or Toyota!

3. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

DO ANY OF THE CARS MENTIONED HAVE A BIRTHDAY ??

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

mine does, it's 9

5. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

Message for creaky

What's the exact date your TOYOTA turned age 9 ??

6. consul

consul Regular member

my 61 Ford consul convertible is 45 this year 2 years older than me

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@ZCONCEPT - mine's a Peugeot - nice try tho :)

8. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

Message for consul

WOW !! 45 Birthday candles for your 1961 FORD CONSUL CONVERTIBLE ??
    You sure have been blessed....if it still gets you around town !!

@creaky
    WOW !! you don't own a TOYOTA ??
    Maybe I don't have ESP afterall.....dang !!

9. ireland

ireland Active member

i did not have a pix up so i got this from the net.
    i have a 1964 mustang 289 engine,except mine is white and around 38k miles on it..i am the original owner...

my every day car is a ford explorer all wheel drive.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and its also white

joke
    and has a towing package
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  10. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

Message for ireland

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=84372
    After you arrive on this link you may want to sell your
    1964 MUSTANG and celebrate your next Birthday big time !!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  11. JVC

JVC Active member

My Suburban is a 1990 (old body style).
    One week after I had that second rear end installed (because they didn't stand behind the first one), hurricane Floyd came through. A big tree fell down the middle of the Suburban.......... the long way! Had a new top put on, and new paint job (changed color from black to silver). It's a lot cooler, after sitting in the sun all day.

12. Xalan42

Xalan42 Guest

Mmm yeah, a black car when it's 110F? Not such a good idea!

13. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

My El Camino is a '67, my Nova is a '71, and my Astro is an '89. I love 'em all!

Of course I take good care of my cars and I bring down legal action on losers who use defective parts on my vehicle... actually, I just do my own repairs :p

The El Camino I just got yesterday off a friend for $1000. It runs nice and it's only got two rust spots. Interior is pretty rough though. It's in better shape than the Nova was and the Nova's got a couple trophies now.

It's an ugly green and the paint is peeling... gonna paint it blue maybe like my dad's Matador.

14. regor

regor Regular member

My:

Ford F250 is a '91
    Ford Explorer XLT '97
    Ford Explorer Sport '92
    Corvette C5 convertible '98
    Harley Davidson Dyna Glide '94

and then there is:

BMW 525i '02 (wife)
    Subaru Impreza '05 (youngest son)

I AM INSURANCE POOR :(

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

And this is what regor bought me,

[​IMG]

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

88 DeTomaso Pantera GT5! Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on till the Wife bought a T40! For the record the Pantera was 2 when I bought it and the Ferrari was new! I actually made money on both of them when I sold them in 96 after the wife died.

Happy Motoring,
    theone

17. crowy

crowy Guest

89 volvo 740 turbo sedan.Surprises some of the V8 holden/ford boys here in OZ!!

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy,
    Mom and Dad had a Volvo back when they had just changed from the round turtle looking things to a nice looking car. I think it was a 69. I had more than a few moments driving it as it was a good handling car but it was scarey fast! In the hands of a good driver it was wicked fun! I remember the night I had to dig it out of about 15' of snow after I went off the road backwards after some fog froze over when the temp dropped like a rock. Glare ice, they call it or black ice! Very fortunately all I went through was snow. No brush or rocks so no scratches or dents. Several other people weren't quite as lucky. One guy backed into a tree going about 60 and caught fire and while we were hastily yanking people out of the burning car some guy came sliding through on his driver's side down and damn near got us all! Caught something on a rock that was probably several hundred feet down into the ground and it spun him off like a top, thankfully away from us. I remember saying to myself just before he snagged that rock, "this ain't right"! I mean to look up in your minds eye and see all you've been through helping get those 4 people out of the burning car and knowing in a fraction of a second you were going to be part of a huge fireball and it was all for nothing!

I've had 2 cars that were my all time favorites for the same reasons, Power balance and handling. They couldn't have been more different. The first was a 65 Corvair Corsa Convertible. It was the first car I ever drove that felt like an extension of myself. It just had the right combination of power and handling to make it fun to drive. Wider tires and lighter rims helped too!

The other was an 89 Fiero GT. This one was put together for some reason with TLC. It was perfect. You didn't get it, you put it on (I'm 5'9"). Another scarey-fast car. Handled magnificently, but if the tires start squeeling at all you better be paying attention. Up to that point it stuck to the road better than any car I've ever owned. The funny part is around town driving it was a rough riding car. I dreaded driving it Cross Country. I was so surprised when I got out on the Interstate with it it was so comfortable. I was knocking down 800 to 900 miles a day and climbing the Rockies to boot! Damn near rolled it in a parking lot. I was tooling down this back lane about 60 and my Daughter tells me to slow down cause there's a little dip up ahead. I drop it to about 40 and all of a sudden it dips to the right and we are airborn! All 4 wheels and it lands on the driver side rear. It was wobbling on the sides of the tires. I could have rolled down the window and kissed the ground. I just got lucky as I turned the wheel to the left hoping that the front tire had some grip and back it came! We just sort of clung to each other for a couple of minutes after everything stopped moving. I don't think that we would have been hurt as that car has the toughest chassis I've ever seen on any car as you are completely surrounded by some pretty hefty steel. Go under a truck with it and most times you're dead. That's it's bad rap because it's so low! Oh yeah, it would now be 18 years old!

Happy Motoring,
    theone

19. crowy

crowy Guest

20. regor

regor Regular member

@ Nephilim

<grin>