1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn copyrighted bought movies!!!!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by JMT74, Feb 7, 2008.

1. JMT74

JMT74 Member

Hi , I want to know how to make copies of copyrighted movie's that I have bought? I downloaded DVD43. I tried to copy using Nero Essentials and it says that the file is too big. So I then downloaded DVD Shrink and it comes up with this message: DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. So now what do I need to do?

2. Vulcan94

Vulcan94 Member

Ok, Here are the steps that I use to make a backup copy of one of my DVDs.

1. Download a copy of DVDFAB HD Decrypter. You will use this to decrypt your DVD and rip it to your harddrive.

2. Download FixVTS. Process the DVD you ripped to your harddrive with FixVTS. Trust me, it will make your next step a whole lot easier.

3. Now you will need to run it thru DVD Shrink. You will either encode the full disk or reauthor it. i.e. Just copy the main movie. At this point I usually have DVD Shrink save it as a .ISO file.

4. Burn the ISO file to a DVD +- R/RW using ImgBurn.

All of the software I've named is free, BTW.

Vulcan94

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you look at the top of this page, you will see a tab that reads guides, when you click on that tab, you will find all the information on what you are trying to do, good luck

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  5. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

I know not everyone can afford pay programs, but Anydvd and Clonedvd2 are the main progams i use. They are easy to use. The free way will usually require multiple programs to get past the new protections. Anydvd is constantly updated. I like the free programs, and its sometimes a challenge to rip using free programs. For hassle free ripping, i use anydvd/clonedvd2.