1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to link Logitech G51 Speakers to LCD TV for sound on all TV functions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dragonz17, Feb 20, 2010.

1. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

I need help on how to connect my Logitech 5.1 G-51 speakers to my 32" Toshiba Toshiba Regza 32RV635 LCD TV.

I am not technically minded in this area at all. As a result, I need help on how to use the Logitech speakers to output sound from my TV. (Such as an AUX so I can hear any input such as Freeview or my PS3 on the Logitech speakers)

Thanks.

2. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

Double-posted by mistake.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

Thanks for the prompt reply creaky. I've had a look at the thread, but I don't think it's for me.

My situation is slightly different in the sense that my LCD TV only has an Optical Digital Audio Output connection. With this connection it's possible to use the Logitech speakers with any TV function (such as the Freeview, VCR, Cable Box, PS3 etc).

The main gripe is my Logitech speakers don't have the Optical Digital Audio connection. They only have the RCA stereo red and white (AUX) connection which is a shame because the quality of the speakers is excellent.

Is there a way to convert the RCA connection to a Optical Digital Audio connection. Or an best alternative as I really don't know what to do.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Also, you don't need an RCA to digital, you need digital to analog red/white. I don't think you can accomplish that with a simple cable, you need something to convert the digital signal to analog stereo,something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Audio-t...temQQimsxZ20100217?IMSfp=TL1002171910014r8802

Does your Freeview box have digital audio in?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  7. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

Thanks for that link, my TV has Freeview built-in. The adaptor looks like a good buy by the way.

But I cant find a version from the UK as I live in the UK. If I do go ahead with the purchase, it would cost me 63 GBP (thats $96).

Not to sound arrogant, I'm not sure the likely hood in it working. The last thing I want is to waste a wad of cash. Has anyone tried something like this?

8. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

Would this do the trick?

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Sorry, I never used any of those adapters, cannot say if it works or not.That one is for RCA in, you need RCA out.
    Does your TV have SCART? If that works, would probably be the cheaper option.

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/scart5.htm

If you had another box, like DVD player or something with digital audio in/analog out, you could use that.

10. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

I have got 2 Scarts (EXT 1, EXT2- Audio/Video/S-Video) and Component Video Input (EXT3).

Click on thumbnail for more detail.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  11. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member