1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make your own Memory Card Exploit using the Independence Installer

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Sep 17, 2004.

1. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. Gdot73

Gdot73 Member

My Breaker Pro disk loads rarely these days and its startin to piss me off sooo i was wondering if anyone knows of a elf similar to Cogswap that can do the job for PSX backups, ive searched but found nothing. thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  3. MTOakey

MTOakey Member

Hello all,
    I have read through a bunch of the posts in this thread and seem a bit lost...
    I would really like to transfer data off/onto my PS2 memory module to an XPpc just because...
    can this be done?
    How?
    PS2 has an ethernet port, can it happen that way?
    What else can I do with the ethernet port besides online games?
    Any and all help in these matters will do the world good :)

Matt

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yes
    Read this thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481
    If you have a PS2 Hard drive, you can then transfer via ftp.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122897
    Though it much faster hooking your hard drive to the PC, and using WinHIIP.
    But first and foremost you need to have your PS2 modded in some manner,either a software mod or hardware mod. Read at least up to #10 of this faq.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-playstation-2/1048-ultimate-ps2-faq.html
    Read more if your interested in other stuff. Hope that helps you out.

5. SI4L

SI4L Member

Alright, I followed all the steps in the guide exactly (with my own .elf of course) and it all worked fine.

I load it up on my PS2 and it will say all this text and end at "Initialized on Port 21" and stay there. I tried all my trigger discs and it wont boot. Help?

6. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

So, the only thing that I need to by is swapmagic? or do I have that wrong...I can't seem to find the exploit that uses max replay or something like that. It seemed a little more simpler than this guide. It does seem very detailed though.

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

If I knew what PS2 you had it might be simpler to tell you what all you need to play backups.
    The AR Max exploit is the second link in my signature.
    Read #3 to #7 of this faq for Swap Magic or other.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-playstation-2/924-ultimate-ps2-faq.html
    Read the rest of the faq for how to extract files, burning, problems etc. It has most of the info you need to play backups.

8. NeoAg7

NeoAg7 Member

Quick question. I've used the independence exploit before, but recently I deleted it (I planned on updating my ELF launcher program) and now I can't remember how to get the install disk to boot. I tried running cogswap thru AR MAX in the media player, but it hangs at a black screen. Could someone give me a refresher on how to boot this disk? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Scratch that. Dug a little (or a lot XD) deeper and found it. I needed CDLoader.elf. Got it and my PS2 is exploited again.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  9. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

i dloaded the keylauncher 3.0 and there was no KL.DAT. Please help. thanx.

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

There are newer methods and using ulaunch 4.12 now, you can get the elf files from sksapps.com
    Just download the PS2 Exploit Utility 5.1 and follow that.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/624363
    PS2 Exploit Utility was built to help people new to the ps2 exploiting scene create an independence exploit installer disc
    quickly and easily with a built in Title.db, IPconfig, system.cnf generator, and the correct format every time.
    Features
    ~~~~~~~~
    -Designed to build an Exploit File using an Independence Exploit Installer disc, or Memory Card save file.
    -Outputs to bin/cue ready for burning using Mode2/Xa, Disc-At Once. XPS files can be converted using Ps2 Save Builder.
    -Outputs the bin/cue CD into file output too, so you can edit it before making it into a CD image
    -Modchip Trigger Disc (if you dont have a PSOne trigger disc, but you do have a modchip, this does the same job!)

There is a readme.txt file included to help you out.

11. jordan80

jordan80 Guest

My Swap Magic DVD wont boot in myV7 Ps2 but will in my SlimlinePS2. I have a V7 PS2, Swap Magic 3.6 DVD(retail), a compatible HDD(40GBmaxtor), Fliptop case, network adapter, psx trigger disc(NCaaFootball2000). My question is this???
    I want to be able to boot games off the HDD using an ELF file(Hdloader0.8b.ELF)off a memory card with just a psx disc.

My slimline is modified so it can use SWAP Magic3.6 to boot some type of exploit installer to store onto memory card isnt there??? I have Swap Magic but confined to only using it on a slimline PS2. Can't I create exploit to Mem Card using my slimline first????!!?????

Ive managed to create an installer disc using PS2 Exploit utility 5.1. My question is once the utitity creates the exploit to your C: drive(bunch of files & a folder), how can I burn the Exploit onto a Bootable DVD so that I can boot with Swap Magic 3.6. If the utility created an ISO file I could just burn with DVD decryptor. What would be the best method???? Anyones help is much appreciated!!!!!! Im using NCAAFootball 2000(psx trigger disc)

12. shirok

shirok Member

Been using the exploit utility, but so far no success.

Been trying to install the exploit through my friend's fat PS2, his PS2 uses a mochip/gameshark 2 combo. I don't know if that's the reason why it's not working.

13. tmh5587

tmh5587 Member

well it could be, what version game shark you using and what OS are you trying to use the exploit maker on?

14. NovaWolf

NovaWolf Member

OK ive been researching endlessly and cant get the exploit to work, i have a ps1 games, a usb flashy, Xploder v5. there are very mixed answers about this, some say that the "exploit" writes all it needs on to the ps2, and some say you need a hard drive. is there any body here that will just give a straight forward answer? and a small explination instead of "NO, no reason, just because i said so"?.

15. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

well i'll tell you "NO, because i said so", but that's only because i'm a jerk. :-D

but seriously, i have not read any tutorials dealing with xploder. i can only speak for codebreaker. i think what they meant was that if you use the "independence compiler" it will create all the files you need. did you use that program? is your ps1 game on the 800+ list? even if it was, you should probably still make your own. did you make your own title.db file? does your xploder compress the exploit file? does your xploder view flash drives? you dont absolutely neeeeeed a HDD in your PS2 to do the exploit, but were you trying to play games from hdd? what exactly are you TRYING TO DO with the exploit? worst case scenario, you would have to buy a codebreaker. i'm only throwing that out because it worked for me with no problems.

maybe the links can help.
    http://www.exploitstation.com/smf/index.php?action=search2
    http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2750
    http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6613

16. shirok

shirok Member

Using the Exploit Utility 5.1 and tried using my 2nd cousin's PS2 using a modchip/gameshark 2 v1.9 combo, ran into so many problems.
    But I finally got the exploit to work on my own PS2 since I had taken it apart a while ago, I thought "Hey, I can use the magicswap cd that my friend gave me." And so I did, and it installed! The only problem is that I can't really use the PS1 trigger disc since my PS2 is a POS that can't read PS1 discs...

Now I tried running the exploit with the trigger disc on my 2nd cousin's PS2 and it just boots straight into the game, must be probably because he has a later fat PS2.

sigh.

17. NovaWolf

NovaWolf Member

ok i did use independance compiler 5.1 and the Xploder does view usb drives and it just copys the files from the usb to the MC. im just trying to get Cogswap to work using Ulaunch

18. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

the file that should be replaced is your main system file. i did this thing 2yrs ago and forgot the exact filenames. i recommend starting with a freshly formatted MC. that is only so you can see if the files are really copied. assuming that you did everything correctly, then you shouldnt have any problems with your trigger cd. the file size of the exploit should increase the size of your system file. that is one way to definitely tell if it went thru or not. have you noticed this?

19. NovaWolf

NovaWolf Member

i must be doing something wrong because its not adding anything to "your systemconfiguration" its just sitting on the MC in the "P2M" format

20. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

that's why i asked if it was compressed. the xploder may not be able to un/decompress the file for use. i didnt read the links i sent you because i am a lazy butt, so i dont know if they have good info for you or not. sorry that i cant really help you more on this.