1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to trigger exploit without ps1 discs

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by kar_games, Feb 1, 2006.

1. kar_games

kar_games Guest

i hve created the boot cd with the files and i hve installed the exploit into my ps2 memory card but i dont hve a ps1 disc to trigger the exploit

but my ps2 is modified
    so can u tell me how to trigger the exploit without ps1 discs

2. BaconX

BaconX Guest

um download LaunchELF and burn it to a CD (Exploitstation.com) then it should show all the files one your MC since you have a modchip. other than that you need a PS1 disc besides they are like 5 $!!

3. kar_games

kar_games Guest

but there is another problem

my ps2 will not read any ps1 disc .i hve tried both original and backups .so what can i do to trigger the exploit

the main reason i want this is only to hve a menu from which i can select the hd loader or mp3 player and various other programs for ps2.
    so is there any other way i can burn a cd to do the above

4. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Your PS2 doesn't have to read it. It just checks if the SLUS file is there which takes no laser at all then boots into the MC exploit menu from your MC

5. kar_games

kar_games Guest

when i insert a ps1 game disc(CTR),it is saying INSERT PLAYSTATION OR PLAYSTATION 2 format disc but the same game works in my ps1 console

what to do now

6. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Make sure you use and original PSX disc and make sure you boot it acording to the PSX booting for you modchip

7. kar_games

kar_games Guest

i dont know the method for booting using modchip u mentioned

and i hve also tried original psx game
    but
    its not booting

by the way can u tell me how to create a disc that can be booted through ps2 containing lot of softwares like mp3 player,hd loader

i hve all the software but i dont know how to make a cd from where i can select any software from the list

8. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

9. BaconX

BaconX Guest

On most modchips to boot up a PSX game
    1). Insert PSX backup
    2). Hold Reset switch till the once green lights goes redish orange
    3). Hold the reset switch till the Blue light from the eject button goes on.
    4). If your PSX appers a Audio disc try again but hold the reset switch longer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  10. kar_games

kar_games Guest

11. kar_games

kar_games Guest

now when i do the procedure u told above,i was able to play dvd movies but i couldnt play psx backups

i hve 5 psx backups in that brain lara cricket boots and it says audio cd

i tried to hold the reset button longer but i get the same thing
    i hve tried more than ten times

help pl

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You probably don't have the Slus or Sles depends on the region of the game in your title.db file.If you do have it in your title.db file in your memcard exploit I'm not sure how to get it to work with a modchip.What modchip do you have in your PS2 let me know and maybe I can help you out if the title.db file isn't the problem.

13. kar_games

kar_games Guest

hi

can u tell me how to create a cd with many softwares like hdloader,reality player etc so that i can select any one to load when the cd boots

this prevents me to create each cd for each software

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Read the first page on this thread alright http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/109289 .It should give you some guidance on building a memcard exploit with any apps you intend using.In the thread I am giving you there is another guide supplied for a pen drive technique,might have to do some searching through the thread though for it.You have to use ARMax in order for it to work,but it eliminates the use of discs.Sorry for the late reply also,been busy with college.

15. kar_games

kar_games Guest

now i hve a big prob

i tried to open my ps2 and openned everything except laser unit to check what modchip i hve

but after i put back everything, my ps2 only reads audio disc and no game is loading

i dont know what happenned

help