1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not good as there is no Red box, (which is what you have), fix as yet. Are you sure its a clone box?

2. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

thats not good!...i think so anyway....its got black buttons under the flip down cover...altho the serial number looks normal rather than bold...is the any sure way to know without opening it up??

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

4. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

i opened it up and going by what lenny is sayin its actually a real box! so what do i do now??!!!

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Good news then, always nice to double check :) Download and flash the latest Red box firmware 21/04/08. You will find it in Eamos FTA Library at the bottom of my post.

Have you flashed a box before? Quite easy.

6. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

no never did it before---i just ordered a null modem cable 9 pin female to 9 pin female---its in the post, i presume i need this?!! another question i have a laptop and it only has a 15 pin port!! presume ill have to take the box to a pc that has a 9 port???

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Lenny's thread will tell you how as will a few other threads here. You will need either a serial PCI card or a USB to serial adapter in conjunction with the null modem cable, again these are quite cheap on fleabay.

Or as you said just bring it to a standalone pc this will have the required 9 way serial port.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  8. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

thanks for your help yet again----one last question! is this the file i need from eamos library --- UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_18_04_08.zip

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

10. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome BTW where are you and who is your provider?

12. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

dublin nthell

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hmm think I know you check youre private messages at the top of the page please.

14. J3nni3

J3nni3 Member

Hi SG8 I checked it again and went on the Maplins website to discover it isn't actually a null modem! In the shop they state it as a null modem how stupid is that?! I think it's a really common problem and I'm sure you get a lot of people like myself making what must seem like such a simple and silly mistake but thank you anyway for replying to it. I have changed it for a null modem and its working.
    Initially I was a bit worried about downloading the software but I have to say your step by step guide worked like a dream. They are really simple and easy to understand so thank you very much. The only thing is I'm stuck at step 11? I'm on n*l in Leicester. I originally scanned the symbol rate in at 6.952 but came up with 8% quality under a blank table. I've tried to do a full power scan but have no idea what symbol rate to put in or how to go back a page (before the scan) and change it. I've loaded the Kuro '28_04_08T' firmware for the 8% problem but it doesn't downlaod instead the COM3 stuff keeps happening where it states that it is 'waiting for the response of reciever'. I don't know what to do and this is completly alien to me. The only way I've got so far is by following the steps oin the first post so anyone please help!!! (sorry it's so long but I'm completly stuck!)

15. scaldieo

scaldieo Member

i understand that the forum rules have changed. and with all the re-post regarding this thread, i cant really blame them for the blocking of more and more of the same shit, however this leaves me in a BAD place. Any tips on where to go now for what i need???
    any help would be great, cheers

16. fitzh81

fitzh81 Member

scouser is god!

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried 6887 as a symbol rate?

18. scaldieo

scaldieo Member

i reckon that he might well be, but still doesn't help me though. lol

19. J3nni3

J3nni3 Member

I'm trying that at the moment. There are only 3 symbol rates available and if this one deosn't work then I'll try the last one. Thank you so much for replying. I thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow for someone to reply I really appreciate it!

20. J3nni3

J3nni3 Member

WAHAY!!! Finally IT WORKS!!! Thank you soooo much SG8 for all your help (and also sc0user for the symbol code) you are a legend! YAY I'm so glad it worked I just pray that I won't have anymore problems with it in the future but if I do I know exactly where to come! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.