1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesB

DesB Regular member

Afternoon Bud!

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

howya des tought you'd gone missing after your little altercation lol

3. DesB

DesB Regular member

Yeah the missus grounded me LOL
    Just PM,d you!

4. mgbgt

mgbgt Member

i am trying to flash my euro vox with the kuro 18/04 when i try to open the zip file my computor as a fit can anyone help please

5. karljd

karljd Regular member

dont really understand what you mean are you saying your computer has a fit?please speak proper english when looking for help,you will need to download winrar to unzip the file.

6. mgbgt

mgbgt Member

when i try to download the file my computer keeps flashing and wont let me do anything i have to restart it

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

If you explain what exactly you are doing, and what happens, what do you mean your computer keeps flashing? let us know and someone will help you!

8. gilly78

gilly78 Member

Hi i have been away for the last few months and just come and my euro vox max box has no signal just wodering if anyone has the most up to date code and how to get in to the place were you put the code i put a code in beofre just cant rember how thinkg you in advance for your help

9. DesB

DesB Regular member

Welcome back gilly..... unfortunately the posting of codes is no longer allowed on this site.... you should just update your firmware/flash your box, then you can go away again and it will still work on your return LOL

10. gilly78

gilly78 Member

thanks for the reply but to be honest i dont understand what you are saying any chance of telling me in simple english as i am a bit thick

11. DesB

DesB Regular member

I hadn,t a clue at first either,dont worry..... as no codes are longer available the easiest way round it is to Flash your box..this means updating it with the latest firmware,you need 3 things a PC... A null modem cable.. and the box.. and patience (thats 4)

have a look here for a guide on how to do it:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4/653745

if you get stuck someone will give you advice!!!

12. gilly78

gilly78 Member

Hi DES THANANKS FOR THE HELP I WILL GET A CABEL TOMORROW AND SORT THAT OUT YOU DONT KNOW ANY OTHER WEB SITE OR FOURM WERE I COULD GET THE CODES JUST FOR TONIGHT I WOULDNT MIND WATCHING THE LAST ROUND OF THE OPEN IF YOU DONTNO WORRIES THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

13. DesB

DesB Regular member

cant help you there afraid, turn off the capitals when typing as its known as Shouting.. and I was never a soldier so there fore am not deaf LOL you will just have to visit the boozer to see the golf, get back to us tomorrow when you get the cable............

14. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Hi Lads - quick question...

I bought 2 ev's at the same time (think they're both 07 Reds - original). I updated the firmware on my own one using the releases on Eamo's link (Red Max) & it's working fine (albeit I need to get the latest CDF & use that but that's ok) but when I updated the other EV everything works fine up to the point where I hook it back up to the PC & do a power scan (290 - 420 on 6.887 for NT hellll Dublin). During the powerscan I can see that all the channels have been picked up but it's when I "exit & save" that the "code being updated" screen appears.......

The message "code being updated" stays on the screen & nothing happens (on the other EV I put it to sky sports & the channells came after 5 mins). But on this one it will just stay like that for hours with no picture....any ideas (do I need to double check my version (black/blue)????

Thanks in advance.....

Janey Mack.

15. DesB

DesB Regular member

I know this is strange but the file might be corrupt, simply delete the original download, and then re download and do another flash, this might work!!

16. iceman66

iceman66 Member

hi guys ...i have updated a euro vox 2008 box b4 thats was a plug n play when i bought it..my bro is buyin a box that is not plug n play and needs flashin... not sure yet what colour yet.......do i need just to use the download that i used to update my other box or do i need some other program 1st???can any one advise me thks

17. gman496

gman496 Regular member

You need to identify the model of box he's buying first, then come back here for the correct firmware.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  18. iceman66

iceman66 Member

ok ty gman496..i no its a euro vox 2008 max v and i thk all 2008 all black?

19. malci

malci Guest

As gman has said, when you have identified it - then you will not have a problem, if you know for sure that it is a 2008 MaxV black, then everything you need is on the front page of this thread.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745

20. manny_v

manny_v Member

Trying to download UFL MAX V-18-04-08 to a new Max V Black. Managed to get the serial port to detect the box - I get the Version 2.10 detected message. When I select START - the message "System Reset..." displays and nothing happens.

Any ideas if this is doing anything? How long should I wait?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.