1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use dvd RB step by step

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by kmj523, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

If the folder shows the file to be 7.14gb, and when opened in a program it shows over 100gb. Then you either have a bad rip, or are in the wrong folder.

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Start DVD Rebuilder just like normal, load the file you are trying to compress, and then post the screenshot.

Edit: Should look similar to this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ferguj1 - shock, horror, you could have dropped the 2 channel audio track :)

..that's a full disc mode of the movie i take it, including menu's ?

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

LOL. Yeah I think that it is on full disk. I wasn't processing it, I just opened the first folder I came to, just as an example. It hasn't even been run through VobBlanker yet. But thanks for the heads up, you gotta watch me sometimes. No tellin what I may do. ;P

5. creaky

6. kmj523

kmj523 Member

I: just have the free version of rebuilder and out of all my movies marley and me is the only one that is over 10gb in the file

7. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

The free version works the same, it just lacks some of the additional features. If any of your movies show over 8gb (actually 7.##, can't remember the exact), then you have problems with your rip. But that problem puts us far beyond what this thread is about, using rebuilder.

8. kmj523

kmj523 Member

then how do i get it down to a 7gb file size

9. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Have you had success with backing up any movies so far? Perhaps there is different problem we are not aware of that is hindering your success.
    Because to be honest with you , I am kinda at a standstill right now. I am not sure what directions to give to help you along. You have the right programs but something just isn't coming together. If you have any other details of your process that you feel could be beneficial, please post them here.

10. kmj523

kmj523 Member

the only thing that looks bad is animated movies but i have been using dvd shrink and the movies come out fine but you said that rebuilder is even better quality so i just want to make that work but i cant have it take so long and i redownloaded it and now i dont have the option of using the hc encoder mode

11. creaky

I'm losing the will to live; have you been reading all our posts, and the links we've been providing. We've provided runtimes for Quad and Dual Core machines plus an AMD Athlon 2800XP.

Re HC encoder see here ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/679611

..Please take the time to read thru this forum, there's a lot of very useful Rebuilder info for the reading..

12. kmj523

kmj523 Member

Ok how do i get rid of extra stuff on dvds like extras special features things like that so that i dont need so i can just use dvd shrink and keep it simple

13. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

You are going to have to make a decision then. Do you want quality or speed. Your pick. As creaky stated, we gave you other run times to compare with, so you can see that you are not alone. If the 4hrs is a major holdup then you are going to have to either stick with DVD Shrink or upgrade your pc, plain and simple. So please follow the advice in creaky's post and decide the direction you want to take. My head hurts :(

14. kmj523

kmj523 Member

What program do i use to get rid of extrastuff to make my dvd smaller

15. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

If you are doing a movie disk, then you can just do the main movie only using the reauthor feature of DVD Shrink. You will lose your menus, but that is not a big deal for me. However, it is more of a problem if you do this on episode disks for then you will have to skip ahead to find the next episode, not overly convenient. When you start trying to save menus and blank extras you start getting more in depth, here is a link to a guide for the program that I use for almost all of my backups VobBlanker. Give it a read and see if it something you want to try.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_remove_copyright_ads_logos_warnings_etc_from_dvds.cfm

16. kmj523

kmj523 Member

Well i just made a copy of the day the earth stood still and it looks great on dvd shrink what does that % mean on the right top of the program

17. Vulcan94

Vulcan94 Member

Ahhh....I may be wrong about this, but shouldn't the Space for Video be a hell of a lot more that 1.6 Gb for a DVD-5?

Vulcan94

18. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Edit :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  19. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member