1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-DVD BURNING "HELP"!!!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by jbauerctu, Aug 15, 2004.

1. jbauerctu

jbauerctu Member

Im getting a little frustrated! I have the I-life 04 package and have just bought a LaCie D2 8x DVD±RW Double Layer FireWire Burner with Toast 6 Titanium.

As I read through various forums I found out that I needed to download a patch to make an external DVD burner work with I-DVD, fine, this has been downloaded and put in the home folder annd sure enough it recognises my DVD burner!!

So, at the moment in think I'm heading in the right direction.

Heres the problem (and I may just be impatient) but when I go to burn my project in I -DVD, which is only half an hr in length and imported from I-Movie it takes ages!

Again I read through some forums and found that indeed the asset encoding takes a long time, but it has now been on the multiplexing and burning for over 12 hours!! this just seems a little strange as it is only half an Hr long!! Im probably doing somthing wrong all I want at the moment is to put my project onto a DVD and watch on my telly, I dont care about fancy menus (at the moment) , if anyone knows another way that skips I-DVD altogether e.g a disk image??!!! and toast let me know!

But can you explain to me as if I'm a bit slow in the brain!!

2. Londor

Londor Guest

3. jbauerctu

jbauerctu Member

cool i did that but now get an error??

4. Londor

Londor Guest

What error are you getting?