1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i know what dvd-r and dvd+r are...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xenokai, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

but on my closed post i was trying to point out that hp told me it could burn to both i know some only burn + and some only - but i understand all of what you was telling me bear i was pointing out that hp rold me this should i trust them or not i donno ill find out whn i get it but im getting + media just in case hp lied if its a + only burner im fine with it i can just buy + media <which ive heard it is better anyway> didnt mean to pee people off just some question.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I know I closed a few of your threads. You were posting the same question in all your threads.

Is this pc good? blah, blah, blah.

If this is the pc your getting still:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...&type=19&dept=3944&path=0:3944:3951:41937soon

You need to learn how to read the item description.
    Description

HP Pavilion A735W-B desktop computer
    HP vx74 17-inch flat screen CRT monitor
    AMD AthlonTM XP 3000+ processor (2.10GHz)
    80 GB (7200rpm) Ultra DMA hard drive
    512 MB DDR-SDRAM with up to 64MB allocated to video memory
    Memory expandable to 2 GB
    512 K secondary-level cache
    400 MHz FrontSide bus
    Pair of stereo speakers
    8X DVD writer and CD writer combo drive (DVD+RW/CD-RW)
    Drive Speeds: 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 12x DVD-ROM, 24x CDR, 10X CDRW, 40x CDROM

9-in-1 digital media card reader
    High speed 56K flex modem
    Integrated 10/100Base-T networking interface
    HP keyboard, HP scroller mouse
    Available Slots: 2 PCI and 1 AGP; Available Bays: 5.25" (1), 3.25" (1), Available External Ports: 7 USB 2.0 - 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) - 1 serial - 1 parallel - 1-external VGA monitor port
    Front Panel 9-1 reader: Compact Flash I/II - SmartMedia - Memory Stick - Memory Stick Pro - MultiMediaCard - Secure Digital (SD) - IBM MicroDrive, xD
    Software Included: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Money Standard 2004, Intuit Quicken New User's Edition 2004, HP Image Zone Plus digital photography software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sonic RecordNow easily create your own CDs and DVDs, Apple iTunes for Windows,InterVideo WinDVD SE for playing DVD movies, InterVideo WinDVD Creator: edit and record your digital home videos to DVD, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, HP Organize

Now, do you see where it says it will burn to a DVD-R(RW)? And how fast it will burn -R(RW) discs?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  3. flip218

Here buy this ... It might help you stay longer on this forum. http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Why do you ask? Because this was answered in your one of your other threads. [/b]And I already warned you about posting about this pc your getting[/b]

Newest thread (recently closed by Nephilim):
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/132850#698804

4th post by DogBomb
    Look familiar to what I just posted? Here's the link again: http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Yeah I would trust HP they would never lie.

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

they don't call it dvd for newbie's forum for nothing <laugh's> thank's wild77 for you input =) your one of the cool people that understand's my very simple to anwser question unlike flip ^.^

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Xenokai, Yes your question was very simple. We all answered it in simple terms but as flip stated you keep asking the same question. That computer only writes to +R media. Its in black and white in the specs for the computer. I don't care what HP's rep told you on the phone. They will tell you anything to sell the computer. It isn't going to change the specs on the computer. It burns +R blanks only, but will play back both formats. That should be the end of the story.

Jerry

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

yeah good point hp would tell me anything to sell i suppose but i just figured sence its wal mart they are a simple company that just put any info they can oh well glad i orderd dvd+ disks

8. flip218

Xenokai,

I've already warned you about asking questions about this pc your getting. You've asked about your pc in almost every thread you've posted in. I also warned you about mulitposting. This was already answered by DogBomb in you other thread (the one closed by Nephilim).

I wouldn't have to make silly comments about hooked on phonics if you actually read the repies to your thread ... or should I just ban you for stupidity?