1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with DVD burning on my iMac

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by loz71, Jan 19, 2008.

1. loz71

loz71 Guest

Hi there,

This is my first post and this looked like the best place to post it. Ok, so I have an iMac and here are my problems,

*I've recently been downloading dvd rips and now I have a load of avi files that I want to burn on to a playable dvd.

*I also want to be able to put chapters in so I can skip through a film.

*Some of the dvd rips I've downloaded are 2 discs, will both parts fit on a dvd or do I have to join them together? If so, how do I do that?

If anyone could help I would be really happy.

Thanks,
    Loz

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-creator-mac.html
    i al;so think idvd has a burning function but i might be wrong

you can only put 4.7gb on a dvd, 120 minutes of video two, so if the combined files are below 120 minutes and size are at 4.7gb or below you can do it!!!
    with the software i provided you with you load one video file, then another, and the first one you loaded will play first then the second and so on
    it's very complete burning software
    if you want something free and also very nice i'd suggest
    here

3. david456

david456 Regular member

1. To burn your rips to DVD you can use Toast and/or VisualHub.

2. Putting chapters in a film appears to be more complicated. You would have to convert your files into a Quicktime compatible format, and then use an application such as iMovie to add chapters. Finally, you would burn your iMovie project with iDVD.

3. You can use the Cat command in Mac OS X's Terminal application to join your AVI files, or use D-Vision 3::

http://www.objectifmac.com/dvision.php