1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with madden 2004!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by esojo, Oct 11, 2003.

1. esojo

esojo Member

i just downloaded madden 2004 and when i unzipped it i get a bunch of files, and i dont know what to do with them, can anyone tell me what i can do

2. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

you did read afterdawn's forum rules didnt you? its against Afterdawn's policy to discuss pirated applications/games..

as for what files you get after unzipping the archive, what files specifically? a bin/cue? an iso? nfo, srv etc?

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I guess i can let that slide hehe.. generally just dont name *where* you got it from and by gosh dont SAY you pirated a copy hehe.

What you have to do with those files is extract them with WinRAR... i KNOW you already did that... you have to do it again (and potentially again even)... in many cases, the cd image is compressed and then nest-compressed. So with the bunch of files that you have now, open WinRAR, manually drag any one of those files to open it and extract as it it was just one file (WinRAR figures out the rest). If you get a bunch of files again, rinse and repeat.

Also note that Madden 2004 is SafeDisc 2.9 protected so unless you have a prehacked copy, you will have to visit http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

4. esojo

esojo Member

hey thanks your advice worked, but now that i installed it, after trying to run it says: cannot locate the cd-rom: please insert the correct cd-rom, select ok and restart the aplication , but the correct cd its in , what ca i do????

5. Praetor

My advice came in two parts.... which part did you use?

6. esojo

esojo Member

i did the winrar thing and burned it with alcoho1 120% as safedisc 2.9, my porblem comes when i try to play it y says it cant located the cd.

7. Praetor

8. esojo

esojo Member

my burner is a LG GCE-8240B

9. Praetor

10. esojo

esojo Member

and also is it a problem if i burned it in a cd-rw instead of a cd-r

11. Praetor

Shouldnt be a problem. But you can test that yourself real quick anyways.

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Sorry to say but your LG GCE-8240B is a "1 sheep burner". Open Alcohol 120%>general>options>data type settings>recording options> enable bypass efm error. Burn image again (cd 1) RAW DAO at 8x Open Alcohol 120%>general>options>emulation>enable ignore media type >go to extra emulation and enable bad sector emulation. Minimize Alcohol 120% and play the backup in your LG cd burner

13. xakuma

xakuma Member

I'm pretty sure I have a 1 sheep burner, and I want to burn a copy of Medal of Honor: Breakthrough (Safedisc 2.9.040) from a nonworking CD image (this may seem pointless, but it has worked before with earlier versions of SafeDisc up to 2.51). I have followed these instructions http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36444 to no avail. I still receive the same error. Is there even a way to do this?

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you enable this option using Alcohol 120%?

Did you do the above, play backup in your LG burner with Alcohol 120%?

If you backup pc game protection on a routine basis, especially newer games then grab a "2 sheep burner" for Safedisc 2.8-2.9 such as:

1) Plex Premium 52x
    2) Asus 40\48\52x
    3) LiteOn 40\48\52x
    4) Memorex 52MAXX
    5) Sony 48\52x
    6) Polaroid BurnMAX 40\48\52x

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2003
  15. xakuma

xakuma Member

I did both of those originally.

I have my eyes on a Lite-On LTR-52246S (I think that's what it is). If I was to get this, would I be able to burn a SafeDisc 2.9 CD? How easy or hard would it be to do so?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

LiteOn LTR-52246S can easily defeat Safedisc 2.9 m8 and backups will play in a DVD\CD-ROM without the aid of software installation I assure you

17. xakuma

xakuma Member

Before I buy, I have one more question. Could you list the options I would have to select to burn a SafeDisc 2.9 disc in Alcohol 120% (retail version)?

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use the Safedisc 2 datatype profile to make working backups of Safedisc 2.9.x. I would use Litey as reader\write at 8x.

Shoey

19. cotownre

cotownre Member

ok im also having a problem with madden 2004. i
    and the file extention reades
    . somebody please help me so i can begain to enjoy this game in which it took me so long to
    . thankyou

20. Shoey

Shoey Guest

So where are the cue file(s)? Madden NFL 2004 is a 2 disc set and Safedisc 2.9 cd protected(cd 1).CD 2= "data"

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2004