1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help. . . with unleash x

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rowan82, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Rowan82

Rowan82 Member

I bought a second hand xbox and it has unleash x installed on it. the problem is that it came from Qubec so unleash x is in french and i dont know how to use it. so if there is someway to uninstall or change it to english please let me know thank you in advance

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

download a new dashboard then ftp to the dashboard folder in E partition. then move all the old dashboard files to another folder. then restart and you should have a new english dash. or you could use a french to english dictionary on the internet to translate the menue untill you find language settings.

3. Rowan82

Rowan82 Member

is there ny way to just move the unleashx files and get the regular dashborad back because i have no idea how to ftp the files and stuff? thanks for the response

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

there is a tutorail in this forum for unmoding your xbox. that could help. if you have the games splinter cell(not platnum hits) or james bond agent under fire or mechassult. all non platnum hits. one of those games when played will take you to a linux menu and you can choose to return xbox to original state. before you do that you need to look at your game saves and see if you have a linux installer and a linux profile for one of the games.

5. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

6. Rowan82

Rowan82 Member

I looked on my xbox and there is a linux file with 2 saves. I dont have any of those games but i will rent one. when i do what do i do to get to the file that you were talking about? thank you again for all your help.

7. Rowan82

Rowan82 Member

also how sdo i access the tutorial? thanks

8. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i put the link for the tutorail in here just scroll up. weel you put the game in and you goto mission or whatever and it will go blck and load up a softmod screen. then you can click remove softmod.
    here is the link again http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/400161
    hope that helps some.