1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help with bridging

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ND1, Feb 2, 2007.

1. ND1

ND1 Guest

Hey, I hope this is an ok place to post this. If not just tell me where.;)

The only reason I want to bridge is to cancel out modders, but I'm totally new to bridging so i could use some help. I've looked at this site, and it's helped me understand the basics, but there's a few questions I have.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Bridge-Halo-2&id=153181

1. According to the site I just gave, it says I need to use a cross-over cable to connect my PC to the Xbox. Is there a certain kind of cross-over cable I need to get?

2. With the cross-over cable, I just plug it in from the ethernet port on the back of my computer to the ethernet port on the back of the Xbox, right? Will that still give me a connection to my internet though, because normally I'd have to run an ethernet cord from my router to my Xbox. Basically, I just want to know if I'll still have an internet connection to my Xbox using the cross-over cable.

3. DSL will work for bridging, right?

4. According to that site I gave, I need to have Xbox Live's IP address. How to I find it?

5. It says I need to unplug the cable and copy down the DNS codes. I don't really understand the last half or so of the URL I posted above, so if someone could please read it and explain it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry if I've sounded like a N00b, but I'm new to this stuff.

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

this isn't the right place to post this, the right place is nowhere. *reported*

3. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

Plz read the rules before you post just a tip find a diff site to learn how to bridge

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

5. cearel

cearel Guest

we(everyone on afterdawn) do not support cheating in anyway suck as bridging standbying and modding on live as said before u need to find a dif site to discuss such things