1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish there was a Nero for Mac

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by seansdadj, Jan 18, 2008.

1. seansdadj

seansdadj Member

Does anyone know a Nero for mac; I mean, a software with same functions and accuracy?

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

3. Gneiss1

Gneiss1 Regular member

So do I, though I've not checked the Unix or Linux archives. What is it you'd like to do? One really important function of Nero appears to be its ability to read the media code off a disc. For this I use 'DVD Media Inspector' for Macs, which shows it in one of its windows. (Not especially the one you'd expect.)

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

or you can use nero in boot camp,..

5. Gneiss1

Gneiss1 Regular member

If you were looking for a simple application for writing everything: data files, music, movies, or just copying a disk, try 'Burn'.

Also, if you'd like to know how fast your discs have been writing, open /Utilities/Console and click 'Logs'; now click the little triange that precedes the 'tilde' symbol (the tilde means your home folder) and run down to 'DiscRecording.log'. Click it and you'll see a record of each disc written. Each of mine has six lines, each starting with the name of the utility used. Logged is the utility, date & time started, media format, write strategy, name of drive, bus, speeds requested & actually used, whether it was buffered, date & time finished; then dates, times, & success of any verifications.

Often the discs I buy say something like 1x-52x. I use icepacks & burn at maximal speeds. So the log is the only means I have to see at what speed my particular writer will burn media of that particular code. (One medium rated at 16x, my burner writes at 18x.)