1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICOPYDVD2 software with HP dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cjhanza, Jan 10, 2005.

1. cjhanza

cjhanza Member

Hello! I'm hoping you can help me--I have a HP dvd writer and am using ICOPYDVD2 software to try and make backups of my personal dvd collection--it reads fine; and sometimes will begin to actually write and then finalizes and says error writing disc--so there I am with a half burned disc and several colorful words. Any advice? I know you really like Nero, but I would like to save some money and just get this one working. Thanks tons.
    Justine

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi Justine--
    Why not just download and use DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor to rip and burn your collection? They are both free and available right at this site--Just go to the software tab at the top of this page and download them--both are fairly easy to use and work great--there are guides available on this site to show you how to use these programs--I always use ScubaPete's guides and have burned over 100 DVD's--Use quality media--ie.Sony,Verbatim Data Life, Maxell, Ricoh--NOT Memorex! I also have and use an HP DVD writer so I think these will work well for you--Good Luck--
    Whitfield

3. cjhanza

cjhanza Member

i did download the encrypter and shrink and I go both to work but having problems burning still because shrink wants to burn with nero. Can I get around this? ANd just curious why not memorex?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

You can change that option in Shrink-- untick the box that says enable burning with Nero--on the last tab of the Shrink options--

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Memorex disks have a terrible reputation--apparently they use many different manufacturers for their disks and as a result, quality suffers

6. cjhanza

cjhanza Member

okay thanks--gonna try that

7. zippyd

zippyd Active member