1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In over my head

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kona37, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Kona37

Kona37 Guest

Hello,

I am a first year teacher who recently purchased about 500.00 in educational DVDs for my class. This money was taken out of my own pocket and I would like to allow my students to borrow the DVDs. In fear of them not returning, or damaging the DVDs I figured I could just burn a copy...not so fast my DVD wont burn like I have on old CD's. A student of mine recommended this site, and I have spent the last 3 hours reading and downloading and honestly know as much as I did before I got here. I downloaded the DVD Shrink 3.2 and the Decoder as well. But the problem is that just like my stock Dell burner said it does not register that a DVD is even in the player. I sincerely apologize if I just could not find this information on my own and I promise I tried (honestly alot of these things being spoken about confuse the heck out of me). I appreciate any help and will continue my voyage through website until my quest is complete.

Thanks in advance.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi teach. The thought of me giving homework to a teacher. My mind boggles at the thought. OK here goes. Please look here for your answers. Good luck and post back if you have any more questions.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/622748

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. Kona37

Kona37 Guest

I now downloaded clonedvd with the other 2 programs and still none of the files actually read I have a dvd, yet I can play the dvd. Clone says this "File 0 D:/VIDEO_TS.IFO 2" if that means anything to anyone. I will continue to download programs if someone thinks one will help but nothing I have read talks about the files not even reading a disk is in the drive. Please correct me if I am wrong

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Did you down load and install the latest Anydvd? If not, please do so. Then retry with clonedvd 2.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  5. Kona37

Kona37 Guest

well im starting to get excited...I am now able to read the dvd where before I was unable to. The anydvd link you gave me says that the software is no longer available and only there for archive purposes. Now I am thinking my problem is not having a good enough computer because it says I need 4198MB and have 404mb available...is there a way to make more available beside buying a new computer?

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

1) Any dvd and clone dvd 2 goto www.slysoft.com has 21 day free trial
    2) buy a usb 2 external hard drive. They can be purchased inexpensively now for 500 Gbs ( thats Gigabytes, a gigabyte is 1000 Megabytes ) for about $129 USD

7. Kona37

Kona37 Guest

iluvendo- thanks for all the help, I will purchase one of those tomorrow. A+ for all your help!

8. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

You are welcome.

BTW I forgot to mention, your computer is usb 2 compliant and not usb 1, correct? If usb 2 compliant, then go buy the usb 2 external HDD without concern. If usb 1 compliant, then ask for assistence at the local computer store. Also I like Seagate and Western Digital external hard drives.When in operation, under no circumstance, move the external HDDs. They do not like getting moved while running (this means they will break ).

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

also if educational dvds theres more than likely no protection on them so do a very easy 1:1 copy! no need for expensive apps

dvd decrypter useing mode: iso read / iso write done! but use good dvdr media like verbatim or TY burn at 6x, this app is free!

or use new imgburn free by same creator and newer

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Kona37, about your HDD being full. is there anything you can delete on it to free up space? that may save you from buying another HDD

and have you been doing a disc cleanup and defragging often? (like a couple times a month)