1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any hope or should i scrap it?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chynewalk, Dec 20, 2009.

1. chynewalk

chynewalk Member

i was moving some files around in my sofmodded xbox yesterday. I accidently moved the contents of the C: media folder to the E: drive.
    so now when i turn on the xbox i just get the xbox logo.

First i tried starting over with the SID exploit but it isnt working
    second i tried to ftp the files over, however i forgot the ip of my xbox so i cant connect.

are there any other solutions?

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You can still hotswap

Read both of those tutorials a couple times before you attempt anything.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21. Hotswap Can Reinstall Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition. Hotswap Also Install Or Reinstall Softmod Files. All Dashboard Problems Go Here. A Trick To Use Xboxhdm In Hotswap UPDATED 12/12/2006.

HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)

You can use my softmod files if you want, they are located in my sig.

Identify your xbox version and choose either 1.0-1.4 or 1.4-1.6

If you have any problems or questions let me know.

3. chynewalk

chynewalk Member

i read the tut like 5 times, started to do the hotswap and what happens my xbox hdd is connected to the pc and my dog gets mad because i am ignoring her and hits the power cable with her tail cutting the power to the drive.......... ughh. now what?? i am getting code 21. i am ready to trash it and just buy another one.

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Uh..... if you're getting error 21 then you can still hotswap, i don't see the problem you're complaining about. Make sure you unplug your dvd drive when you power on the xbox, it will throw a error 12 then you can unplug the hdd and plug it into your computer. It doesn't look like your dog caused any problems because error 5 or 6 would pop up instead of a error 21. Even if your dog did damage as long as the xbox can boot the green "flubber" screen then it can be fixed.

Try the hotswap again, worse thing that can happen is it will mess up and you'll be stuck at error 5 or 6. I can help you if that happens too.

5. chynewalk

chynewalk Member

good, i am still trying to get this to work. xplorer360 wont find the drive, thats basically where i am

6. chynewalk

chynewalk Member

thanks!!! got it back up and running