1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a dangerous spider? Please help.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Eugene482, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

k, I posted at these boards a few weeks ago, I found a spider at home

[​IMG]

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture021va2.jpg

and I was scared, but then I was pretty convinced that it wasn't a brown recluse since its got no violin and its shape just isn't right.

Now, it's getting cold at home so all insect should be dead, however, just now this *hit scared the hell out of me. It's completely different. Is this a dangerous spider? Please help.

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture035ya8.jpg

edited by creaky. this thread is continuing on from here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/567912 and thread title renamed, we don't what stuff like "WTF" in thread titles..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Not sure what it is, if you live in North America, there are only 2 spiders that are dangerous,
    the brown recluse,
    Brown Recluse
    and the black widow
    Black widow
    I'm not sure what that is but I see them all the time all over the East Coast.

3. Shardel

Shardel Guest

You don't want to live with spiders-poisonous or not. Go to a
    hardware store and get a package of 3 insect bombs. They send up
    mist when activated. You must leave the house for a couple of
    hours. Then air the house out real good. In two weeks you need to
    do it again to make sure you have gotten all the eggs. This will
    eliminate your problem.
    We have been seeing spiders in our area that we have never seen
    before. The extension agents have not been able to identify some
    of them. Even some of the nonspoisonous ones have been giving
    people horrendous bites. One woman lost the use of her hand for
    3 months.
    Some of the spiders do not die when sprayed with the normal insect
    sprays. Have found for a single spider the spray that always works
    immediately is a hornet spray.

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Thanks for the links. I sent the first to my sister who is an arachnophobic. In all seriousness though, sorry to hear about your infestation. I second that post about bug bombs. It will also take care of any other bugs you may have.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I've noticed alot of spiders this year to where as in the past i have never had a problem with them

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

This Golden Silk Spider took up residence on our bedroom window a few years ago and I let him hang around because they take care of mosquitoes and other undesirables. She was about 5 inches long from tip of front leg to tip of back let and the body was about as thick as my little finger.

[​IMG]

7. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

That pic scared the hell out of me. Sorry, didn't knwo abou tthe "WTFs" in the thread titles. Putting that pic was sooooo unexpected. But seriously, is it a dangerous spider? I don't want smoke bombs, I just want to know if it is or not... I live in Ontario Canada. Southern Ontario.

8. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Yeah I know that... ty

9. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Really? Cool, although I am sorta concerned about that 2nd one.... the one with more oval shape it LOOKS POISoNOUS!! Anyways, thanks.

10. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Oh man loco, you are Loco for letting that spider live in your window.
    I'm being serious I'm terrified of spiders and I seriously have goose bumps all over my arms just from seeing those pictures!
    But, just to let you know Eugene that looks like a wolf spider. but I'm not sure, I'm looking around on Google right now, ill post back when I think I found something similar.

EDIT >> NEWLY ADDED
    Ok, I just went around to spider websites for a little while reading on different spiders and comparing pictures, and found a spider called the hobo spider.
    The picture of the spier on the white wall really really looks like the hobo spider to me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo_spider
    It says that they are mostly in parts of Washington and parts of canada but they have been spotted all over the place.
    The first picture, I do not know, I think is still looks like a wolf spider. It may not look like the pictures of wolf spiders on the net, but that is because there are more then 2000 types of wolf spiders, but my friends have had them before and they looked kinda like that. The wolf spiders bites are nothing to worry about, they might hurt and be irritating, but not deadly.
    But the hobo spider bite is serious, so I would agree with the other people. Bomb you house.
    Lol if it were my house I would bomb it like 3 times, with 3 different types of bombs lol. I cant stand spiders!!

Would love to hear more about what else you've found out, or if you have found more of the little buggers. As much as this is creeping me out, I kinda like it. Its like doing that thing that freaks you out just to see how creepy it feels lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  11. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Lol btw, that big black one, I think thats called a dog spider!
    And I hear that they can sometimes eat a cat whole!!
    Sorry about the double post, I just had to say that.

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

my dog eats cats whole lol

[​IMG]

13. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Oh yeah! My cats eats dogs whole!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol

14. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Hey umm in previous thread, for some reason everyone got banned or suspended, 'sup with that? I don't have spider problems anymore but I didn't kill them anyways. Although there's a mouse under the lawnmower in the garage......another problem.... think I should ^_^ it ? Haha j/k.