1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JACKET_P folder?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by rdnar0k, Apr 28, 2004.

1. rdnar0k

rdnar0k Member

I noticed a few newer DVDs (Spider-Man 2 disc set and The Last Samurai are the two I've used) don't have an AUDIO_TS folder, instead a folder called JACKET_P. Just wondering if anyone has burned a DVD with this folder and if so do you still need to put the AUDIO_TS folder on it.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

JACKET_P doesn't have anything to do with AUDIO_TS. It's actually a folder for storing special pictures (stored as single frame MPEG-2 elementary streams) that can be used by a player for displaying during pause or stop in resume mode or by a changer for a disc selection menu. AUDIO_TS isn't required by most players. I've heard of players not recognizing discs with no AUDIO_TS folder, but I've never personally witnessed it. I add AUDIO_TS to all the discs I burn because it can't hurt. If I keep the DVD structure intact when I copy it (ie not movie only) I also keep the JACKET_P folder if there is one. I don't have a player that recognizes it now, but it can't hurt either.