1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a Xecuter 3 CE and have a few questions...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Yamurru, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

Hey guys....I just got my Xecuter 3 CE from UPS today!

My dilema is this: I have a 500 GB HDD to drop into one of my xbox's. Should I soft mod the Xbox first then use Chunkhead's HDD upgrade method, then install the chip? Or should I install the chip first then worry about upgrading the HDD second?

Which way would be easier? I have already had success using Chunkheads thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/533828#3536551

and it seems like that may be the way to go for me, but since I have absolutely no experience with mod chips, I though I would ask you guys.

Thank You!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Why did you waste your money on a modchip?

The softmod will do the exact same thing...

3. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

I don't know...I had the extra cash and just wanted to check one out I guess :)

Chunkhead...what would you suggest as far as the HDD upgrade goes?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The process in my tutorials are my personal choice!

I have done heaps of upgrades, switches, etc using those steps!

;)

5. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

So would it be okay to use your upgrade guide for the HDD, and then after installing the larger HDD, putting the chip in?

Or should I put the chip in first?

Thanks Man!

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sell the chip, absolutely useless!

You'll endanger the Xbox by trying to solder it. It will give you NO advantage over a softmod!

7. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

You want to install the chip first. There is no point in Softmodding if you have a Modchip. You install the chip and then you can install the new HDD. You can use the AID 4.10 to format the new HDD and setup everything you need. Just remember to back up your eprom and files first so if for some reason you have to restore it in the future.

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ Iconaw1

I'm sorry, but I cannot in good faith agree with your advice. You even contradict yourself!

Softmodding is SAFE, no danger to the console...

If you have a modchip these files are irrelevant!

Honestly, take my advice, DON'T install the modchip. Unless the console is fragging or in a coma, there is no advantage to installing it. In fact it's endangering your Xbox, permanently!

9. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

I'll take your word for it Chunkhead. I know nothing about mod-chips and I wanted to check one out, but if it has zero advantages over a soft mod, then it seems like I wasted some cash :(

I thought maybe it would help me get two of my games to play from the HDD. I'm still having problems with that!

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Like I said, they are handy if your Xbox gets into some serious trouble, but other then that, the softmod can match it at every step!

I just don't know about your games issue, have you tried anything other then DVD2XBOX?

Have you tried doing it manually?

11. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

That’s not a contradiction, if in the future he wants to restore his Xbox to its original state then he will need those files. I agree that Softmodding is probably safer but if he has a Modchip and wants to use it then that’s his decision. I have this same chip and I can offer him my experience with it. I’m willing to give him the advice he's looking for, and not just making him feel bad because of his decision, telling him how bad Moddchips are and not answering the real question he asked. His question was

So because with a Modchip, Softmodding is not necessary I told him that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Modchipping is not necessary!

That's like saying I want a yellow car! "Oh, well, you'll have to go and buy a new car 'cos this one is red!"

No, you'd simply get it painted yellow!

13. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

Agreed.