1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LABELS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jpontrel, Jan 26, 2005.

1. jpontrel

jpontrel Member

hi everyone,
    newbie here, burned my first dvd and am very excited. I was wondering if you had suggestions on a label maker for the dvd and the dvd case. It bought those nice black ones with the double disk holders. I need to make labels for the case and the disk, preferably to look just like the movie.
    any help is much appreciated.

2. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

Man wasn't that easy and cool.........

welcome to AD, this is a great place to be...

don't know what programs you have, but you
    might already have a DVD/Case/Label program that came with your burner some where in there, you could use your own printer.

my 2 cents here............

as far as stick-on labels for your copied DVD disk's.....

i would stay away from sticking paper labels on
    them, lot of people here seem to have problems with that beause they might/will/can unbalance
    your disk's....

what i do is,i use a Sharpie(fine point) black
    marker and just write the name on the disk's itself, and other imformation on the case insert....

as far as the black case insert's, i just took
    regular cheap printer paper and traced a blank insert that came with the blank(DVD) box at
    walmart, when i started all this... cost $00.00.......

good day.......

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. mrdave

mrdave Member

www.cdcovers.cc has loads of labels. Just download them then print.

4. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

If you put a paper label on a DVD, you will almost be guaranteed that you won't be able to play it. Stay away from labels on the DVD. Use a "sharpie" to label it - not a ball point pen.

5. mrdave

mrdave Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  6. dvd_tim

dvd_tim Member

Take it from someone who learned the hard way.. (me) STAY AWAY from stick on labels. if you plan on making alot of copies.. get a dvd printer i reccomend the epson r300, then start getting printable disks. They look as professional as you can get w/o thermal printing.

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

ther is a company called prolabel on ebay that sells dvd case inserts that are perferated to the perfect size in glossy or matte. you need a program for these that they sell for $9 and the matte labels are $39 for 250 and the glossy are $27 for 100 the glossy look exact. the best sites for the labels is http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php it has the cases and the inserts and the disc. i would agree with dvd_tim and go with a dvd printer like the epson r200 or the r300 and printable dvds arent much more if you add the price of the regular discs and the stick on labels. good luck