1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LBA out of range

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brattboy, Sep 3, 2004.

1. brattboy

brattboy Member

Can anyone help me...My system: AMD XP 2600 1.91GHz 512MB of RAM...using DVD Shrink 3.2 to decryt and COPYtoDVD to copy from hard disk drive. Write FAILED...ERROR MESSAGE : Write sector failed at sector 1911856(16)-CODE 05 21 00 Illegal request, LBA out of range. Made a lot of "coaster" out of this error....THANKS>>>

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there good guy, Welcome to aD,

Time we went back to the beginning :)

What kind of file are we working with ?
    Tell me the type and the size and we'll start from there -

Just for "Kicks" tell me the what media you're using also -

cheers,

"P"

3. brattboy

brattboy Member

Hello, scubapete, thank for responding...sorry just got home from league bowling...
    I'm working on a movie file, the size of the movie fits on a regular dvd-r (4.3)and i'm using ridata 4x dvd-r...don't know much about the terminology, if my response to your questions are incorrect, please ask me again in laymans terms....

thanks...brattboy

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

bratboy,

We are working with decent media, that's good

We still need to know what type of files we're working with. Are they .VOB's, .AVI, Bin, Cue ?

Right-click the files and look under "Properties" OR tell me where you got them. From a download OR from a disc ?

When we find that out, we'll know where to start :)

"P"

5. brattboy

brattboy Member

hello "p"

files are VTS>IFO>BUF

from the movie "passion of the christ" the dvd disk...

i don't know anymore what to tell you. i'm trying to think of the problem, and i think it boils down to the dvd writer. my writer is not the expensive one, moderately price dvd dual 8x (internal writer)...it's always like this, 3/4's of the movie everythings good until the last part, error message "write failed"...maybe the disc "spin" on the edge is unbalance that's why it creates error? just a thought.

thanks...brattboy

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

That's possible but not probable. If it's not balanced it shouldn't write at all.

Let's start by using a RW so we don't waste discs.

Now, let's set our DVD target size to 4200MB - Edit, Preferences - then reduce our write speed to 2.4X. and try again.

We're not done yet :)

Also, instead of using CopyToDVD for our burning engine, let's use DVD Decrypter instead.

Follow this guide - it's toward the bottom of the page :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Then come back and give me a report -

Cheers

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

7. brattboy

brattboy Member

hi 'p'...i will try that suggestion and get back to you a.s.a.p.

thanks for your patience and advise ...

brattboy

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Pete...
    I was wondering why you suggested changing burn proggys to brattboy? I only ask because CopytoDVD is what I use for all my back-ups. Well, I used decrypter twice while my trial was expired. But anyway, is there something about it that might cause problems that I should be aware of? I've had zero problems so far.

[​IMG]

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi zippyd,

I'm just lazy I guess (Lol)

I already had all the settings written down in my guide and I didn't want to go through all the settings in CopyToDVD.

As a matter of fact, I just finished burning a couple of DVD's with CopytoDVD a couple of minutes ago. I really like the proggy, it's fast and easy BUT it has too many settings and the guide I sent him to was perfect. There's no way he can screw up the burn. I don't think there's anything wrong with his burner.
    Somewhere he has 1 setting off.

Keep using that burner, i's great !

Cheers,

Pete

10. brattboy

brattboy Member

hi pete,

how was your long weekend, mine was ok, i went to best buy last saturday, saw a dvd burner the price a little over $100, won't say the brand, i guess it's not allowed. hook it up same day,and was able to burn using dvdshrink/dvd2one(for movie only)/copytodvd. when i was using my old dvd writer, processing/writing to disc takes approximately 1:15 minutes. with the new one that i bought:)20 minutes) for "the passion..." so i'll just put the old one aside for now...thanks for everything that you have told me, i will still test your suggestion(writing using dvd decrypter), but that would be later, right now i don't want to mess with the connection on my new writer...

YOU BEEN A PATIENT AND KNOWLEGEABLE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM, I HOPE SOMEDAY I GET TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN(NOT PROBLEMS), JUST ADVISE FROM TIME TO TIME...

thanks, i'm keeping a copy of our correspondence so that i can get back to it when the time comes to test the "old one"...i'm forever GRATEFUL...

brattboy...

11. zippyd

zippyd Active member

ok... you had me worried for a while Pete.
    Honestly I haven't played with the settings in CopytoDVD. I might have to get a tutorial from you sometime if it's not a hassle. I've always used it "as is" from VSO.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks Bratboy for the raise in title but I'm just a regular guy who hangs around and answers questions, no moderator (LOl)

Anyway I'm glad you're burning, that's the important thing :)

zippyd
    , I didn't mean to give you a heart attack about the CopyToDVD, as I said, it was easier than writing a whole guide when really there isn't one necessary. The settings in CopyToDVD are pretty much self -explanatory. I have to change them as I have a couple of burners and switch back and forth.

Anyway Guys, both of you, now that you're doing well, that doesn't mean it's time for you to leave - this is a give and take kind of deal - we had fun with you, now you get to have some fun yourself :)

It's people like you who make this site work - You've seen how we work and, you see we had fun doing it -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - You'll have fun and a chance to learn some more, (teaching is a learning experience too you know) the people you help will appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

Then you can "Welcome" them into our little Club :D

We hope to see you around when you're not having problems to solve -

You'll find us hanging out, over there by the water cooler under the potted palm, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be looking for you -

Cheers,

Pete

13. zippyd

zippyd Active member

C'mon now Pete.... surely you've seen me in some of the threads around here this past month. I've been giving back to the community. Now that Nephilim is a Moderator, maybe he'll stay busy enough to give the rest of us an opportunity to help others before he gets to them. But so far it doesn't seem to be slowing him down too much.... I'm usually cruisin through here from 1:30 to 5:30am EST.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

zippyd,

I don't know if you're aware but I'm a quadriplegic and type with the use of 2 pencils, eraser end down so I use different prewritten posts.

It was more for our Newbie than you - I'm glad to see you around, fun isn't it ?

Pete