1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antomic

antomic Regular member

we all are!!!!!!!
    we waste our life on a meaningless forum. Enslaved until the bitter end.
    (btw Don't get any ideas! im not EMO!)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

this is one of the thousand's of articles from my library

quote antomic

that's just stupid, but i think this story has been manipulated a bit. Honestly, they wouldn't sue her if she didn't even use or know what file sharing was. It may have been her children or grandchildren. Who knows. she is responsible for their actions.
    Another thing you may want to know is that Hitler used propaganda to make the jews seem like the problem that must be exteminated. In this case,(in a much less terrible way) We are manipulating the truth about the RIAA and MPAA to make it seem as if they're the bad guys and they're responsible for all our problems. I am not siding with the big businesses, but i don't think stealing is good either. Don't be fooled by propaganda....I see it happen way to often. Afterdawn does, in some ways, bend the truth about some of the piracy articals on the site.

The truth about Big Music

p2pnet.net News:- Debbie Foster is one of the thousands of innocent parents being routinely victimized by the venal Big Four corporate record labels, Warner Music (US), Vivendi Universal (France), EMI (UK) and Sony BMG (Japan, Germany), in their endless, world-wide pursuit of wealth.

The Big Four, worth literally many billions of dollars, pretend they're being "devastated" (their word) by people who refuse to buy their over-priced, formulaic product, turning instead to the p2p networks and growing numbers of independent music sites.

Using their many so-called 'trade' organizations such as the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) as fronts, the labels are suing their own customers, calling them 'criminals' and 'thieves' and accusing them of the non-existent crime of file sharing.

Warner Music, Vivendi Universal, EMI and Sony BMG, themselves under federal and state investigation in the US for price fixing and bribery, say every time someone shares a digital file with someone else, a potential sale has been lost.

However, they've never been able to prove how this works, individually or collectively. Nor have they ever been able to explain how 'sharing' becomes 'stealing,' or how people who engage in the practice are 'thieves'.

Meanwhile, the RIAA's case against Debbie Foster has been dismissed and now she's asking to have her attorney's fees reimbursed.

The American Association of Law Libraries, ACLU, EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) and Public Citizen have filed an amicus brief in her support and it is, to considerably understate things, an essential read for anyone who's been following the corporate music industry's vicious and ongoing persecution of the people who have made them so very, very rich.

We haven't tried to split the brief into pages, as in the original document. Instead, we've just listed the sections.

very long read
    http://p2pnet.net/story/9561

3. ireland

ireland Active member

antomic
    more riaa bullcrap,
    good night..

[​IMG]

IP address not legal evidence identifying file sharers
    Posted by Dan Bell on 31 July 2006 - 15:00 - Source: Tech Dirt

mrdataNY used our news submit to tell us: "I never could see how RIAA could prove who within IP address could be proved to have done "the deed"."

For years, the RIAA has claimed that having the IP address of a computer that has shared unauthorized files is the equivalent of having the evidence of who was actually sharing files. That, of course, is false. The IP address simply can help you know who paid for the Internet access, but not who was using what computer on a network. In fact, this even had some people suggesting that, if you want to win a lawsuit from the RIAA, you"re best off opening up your WiFi network to neighbors.

It seems like this strategy might actually be working. Earlier this month, the inability to prove who actually did the file sharing caused the RIAA to drop a case in Oklahoma and now it looks like the same defense has worked in a California case as well. In both cases, though, as soon as the RIAA realized the person was using this defense, they dropped the case, rather than lose it and set a precedent showing they really don"t have the unequivocal evidence they claim they do.

Whereas it would be nice to be off the hook as they say, if the RIAA cannot simply point to the individual paying for an Internet connection, as the one responsible for all activity, I certainly would think twice before opening up my wireless network to the neighborhood.

Certainly, the case in Oklahoma against a mother, who personally did not download any files, but rather her children were file-sharing was dismissed. Or at least the RIAA was allowed to withdraw it's complaint against the mother. This was a result of the RIAA learning of the mother intention to file a summary judgment motion dismissing the case. In addition, she was going to ask for the RIAA to reimburse her for her legal fees!

These type cases are ones that indicate that at least in some situations, it is possible to fight the charges and win. It has always been quite alarming, when the RIAA has used the law to punish parents for actions taken by their minor children. Maybe we can hope to see an end of these type cases.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13747

4. antomic

antomic Regular member

like i said, I don't like the mafiaa and there ways, but i don't like thieves either. The way they(mafia) get money is sick. I just want them to be fair.

5. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

I recommend you join the scouts and claim their new badge

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol, big shiny bagde!

Reads, "I ripped you off!"

:)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  7. ireland

ireland Active member

I have DE- STINKING badge for those that want it..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MPAA corrupts US Scouts

The MPAA proudly announces it's scammed the Los Angeles Area Boy Scouts of America into a, "new education program".

The Big Six studios, Time Warner, Viacom, Fox, Sony, NBC Universal and Disney, want to, "help raise awareness about the value of copyrights among the over 52,000 young people involved in Boy Scout programs in the greater Los Angeles area," they say.

STORY HERE
    LINK
    http://www.p2pnet.net/story/10183

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

While I don't know how to answer his question, sure sounds like a legitimate bitch to me. Certainly not for lack of trying on Phillyj's part nor for lack of patience...his thread spans a week asking for assistance. If there is something wrong with the question, it would have been nice for someone to say something. It's not like he was posting silly nonsense.

I wish I knew how to answer you Phillyj!!!

Edit: I know this comes up every now and again but perhaps we should all try the link to unanswered questions every now and again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, I have read through and don't know what to suggest so...

12. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for today

RIAA goes after Santangelo kids

p2pnet.net News:- It was inevitable.

Having made New York mother Patti Santangelo's life quite literally a living hell, Warner Music, EMI, Sony BMG and Vivendi Universal have now turned their attentions to two of her children, Michelle, 20, and Robert, 16, going so far as to blackmail Robert's best friend into making statements against him.

"With Christmas only sixty days away, the Big Four Organized Music labels are bent on using children to continue their bizarre attack on people they allege have shared files online," p2pnet posted last year. Because, "looming over her children," Michelle, Nicole, Bobby Jack and Ryan, was the RIAA.

Members of the Organized Music cartel, the Big Four, are completely out of control as they go after, and deliberately and knowingly terrorize, innocent men and women, and even children, around the world who don't have a hope in hell of standing up to them, their billions of dollars, their corrupt political and media connections, their legions of lawyers.

total article here
    link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42/295688#2510080

13. ireland

ireland Active member

ye brits should bitch on this article

Britons are the most spied-on folk on the planet

Winston Smith spotted on a bus in Peckham

By INQUIRER newsdesk: Thursday 02 November 2006, 13:46
    A FAIR FEW BRITS are miffed at the idea of ID cards, of being caught on security cameras far too many times a day, and generally worried about their privacy.

According to a new study by privacy watchdog Richard Thomas, things are only going to get worse as Britain ventures more and more into a sci-fi-esque surveillance culture.

Technology is already being used to constantly track and routinely record the day to day activities of Brits, warned the information commissioner. Not only this, but so-called "pervasive" surveillance will most likely be on the up in coming years. In an example outlined in the report, a man leaves his house in a car, passing through a gate which notes down his time of leaving and the amount of passengers, not to mention their identities. Thousands of CCTV cameras track his entire journey, while remote controlled spy planes apparently fly above, capturing images of the streets below and sending them back to the police.

Many people however will brush off surveillance as a necessary evil, keeping the streets safe, combatting terrorism and other National Worries. However, it's likely to bring about a climate of suspicion and undermine trust, thinks Mr. Thomas.

It's a frightening thing to think about, and Richard Thomas is trying to wake people up to the fact that they are being watched by invisible or subtle surveillance technology, every single day. Big Brother ain't only a reality show on channel 4, and it's not just an Orwellian fantasy. Mr. Thomas commissioned an independent report to see just how heavy surveillance is likely to get in ten years time.

Perhaps one of the most disturbing predictions is secret facial recognition systems planted in lampposts and walls which will be able to monitor the movement of the British public.

Co-author of the Surveillance Studies Network report David Murakami Wood reckons the people of Britain are in for a shock: "The level of surveillance in this country should shock people - it is infiltrating everything we do. The question is whether we want that or not. Most people do not understand how the information is used - for example details obtained from supermarket loyalty cards and credit cards are bought and sold to other companies," he told The Independent.

Wood also warned that the surveillance culture that we have "sleepwalked" into will create real problems for individuals, including "social exclusion, discrimination and a negative impact on their life chances." "Unfortunately," he went on to say, "the dominant modes of surveillance expansion in the 21st century are producing situations where distinctions of class, race, gender, geography and citizenship are currently being exacerbated and institutionalised."

It's definitely something to think about. From April 2005 up to now, 631 adults and 5,751 youngsters have been electronically tagged and monitored. Not to mention, it's entirely possible that an individual can be captured on CCTV over 300 times in a single day. ยต
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35502

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yup, it's not only ripoff Britain but there's probably more cameras in this country than bloody mobile phones (for example)

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

/me hides his telescope!

Haha, That's scary stuff :p

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My bitch is the way the British government is obsessed in the monitoring of its' people. The old saying "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" doesn't wash with me. I have nothing to hide, but I have nothing to show either.
    And as for ID cards? They can shove them up their a**.

17. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

My bitch is that they say I'm too mentally unstable to have a fire arm.
    They will be the first to go once I kill Auslander in his sleep and end his regime, thus taking it over...

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

just try it :p

19. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Wow, I didn't know you were lurking, I'd have to get past your Siberian huskies wouldn't I? ;)

20. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Edit...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.