1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Omg, what are we supposed to do then?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

To be honest, I will fill my MP3 player with whatever i want; illegal or not. They can shove that up their *rses for all I care...

3. ireland

ireland Active member

4. ireland

ireland Active member

KEEP DOWNLOADING THEM MOVIES AND MAYBE SUCK UP SOME MALWARE

Malware goes to the movies
    Posted by l33tdawg on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:33 AM Source: The Register

Online attackers have started to experiment with embedding malicious code or links to such code in different video formats. On Tuesday, anti-virus firm McAfee warned Windows users that the company had discovered a worm, dubbed W32/Realor, actively infecting Real Media files. The infected video files do not contain an exploit for the RealOne or Real players, but a hyperlink that points to a malicious website. When infected files are opened, the victim is referred to the web ite, which attempts to compromise their computer using a previously patched flaw in Internet Explorer.

Online attackers have started to experiment with embedding malicious code or links to such code in different video formats.

On Tuesday, anti-virus firm McAfee warned Windows users that the company had discovered a worm, dubbed W32/Realor, actively infecting Real Media files. The infected video files do not contain an exploit for the RealOne or Real players, but a hyperlink that points to a malicious website. When infected files are opened, the victim is referred to the web ite, which attempts to compromise their computer using a previously patched flaw in Internet Explorer.

"A chunk of people generally regard video files as safe, where they might treat screensavers and Office documents with some caution,"

read the total story here
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/16/movies_gets_malware/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

this is not to new I recall some of embed links in vids 2-3ish years ago.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BIG BITCH FOR THIS FRIDAY

[​IMG]

Hollywood targets podcasts

p2pnet.net News:- Time Warner, Viacom, Fox, Sony, NBC Universal and Disney are at it again, "snatching away our fair use rights, so they can sell them back to us for an 'additional fee'," says the EFF's (Electronic Frontier Foundation) Fred von Lohmann in Deep Links, going on:

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in New York, Paramount Pictures v. Load 'N Go Video, the MPAA member companies have sued a small business for loading DVDs onto personal media players (e.g., iPod Video) on behalf of customers.

According to the suit, Load 'N Go sells both DVDs and iPods and loads the former onto the latter for customers who purchase both. The company then sends the iPod and the original DVDs to the customer. So the customer has purchased every DVD, and Load 'N Go just saves them the trouble of ripping the DVD. The movie studios' suit claims that this is illegal, because ripping a DVD (i.e., decrypting it and making a copy) is illegal under the DMCA. The suit also claims that this constitutes copyright infringement.

Although this lawsuit happens to be aimed at Load 'N Go, the DMCA theory in the complaint makes it crystal clear that the MPAA believes it is just as illegal for you to do the same thing for yourself at home. Apparently, Hollywood believes that you should have to re-purchase all your DVD movies a second time if you want to watch them on your iPod.

This is copyright gone too far. If you buy a DVD, you should be able to make a personal copy of it for your iPod, just like you should be able to make a copy of a CD for your car, without having to ask permission or pay a second time. That's one of the things fair use is for. Of course, the MPAA claims the DMCA changed all that. Before the DMCA, the studios would have had to go to court and prove that "space-shifting" is not a fair use. After the DMCA, they simply argue that "circumvention" of the CSS encryption on DVDs is forbidden by the DMCA, fair use or not.

This lawsuit is just the latest example of the entertainment industry taking aim not at "pirates," but at the legitimate fair use rights of music and movie fans (we've already written about the lawsuits against the XM inno and Sima). And it's not just lawsuits -- here's a summary of what entertainment industry lobbyists are pushing in Congress. That's why EFF is proud to be involved with the Digital Freedom Campaign alongside CEA and many others, fighting for a sensible copyright law, rather than Hollywood's copyright law.

READ THE TOTAL STORY HERE
    link

http://p2pnet.net/story/10463?PHPSESSID=3eea45fe39bd4ebb35927717484d12aa

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My bitch for the day:

OK this might sound really weird but I found some software that allows you to create your own, personalized, Windows XP Home/Pro SP1/2 CD. By personalized I mean you get to pick what is kept and what is not. If you don't use Disk Cleanup or Disk Defragmenter then you can delete it and it won't install etc.

Here is the reason I am bitching:

I downloaded ~90MB worth of "hotfixes" from the Micro$oft website and thought to myself that I would be ok deleting them.

Well I should have kept all the hotfixes I downloaded because now I can't find the Microsoft page I got them all off of.

Seems like every page I find takes me to "Windows Update" and doesn't let me manually download the patches.

EDIT (by Pop_Smith): I found the web page I was looking for :p I found it by using the Belarc Advisor program I read about in Maximum PC's Nov. issue.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

i want wii SO BAD.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

WII WII I WANT WII!!!!!!!!!!!

10. theridges

theridges Guest

My Bitch For the Day
    Is why the hell dont i have money to go out and buy the Damn Wii i always have money when other things i dont need come out and i spend it on BS but when i want something i have no Money!!!!!!!!!

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

That's what i'm saying! They might still have wii in store. I know my best buy have 20 left. Don't have the freaking cash!!!! You guys heard that NYC launch had 7,000 wiis. Geees that's great!

12. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Well it must be my turn for a bitch............... There is a guy at work who constantly winds me up about not being an American (by birth) and he does not know when to shut his trap!! I started to give him grief back about how he was not really an Amercian but he just keeps going! I spoke to a senior manager about this "off the record" and asked him to have a word with the idiot concerned. Now the idiot will not speak to me at all and seems to be doing all he can to piss me off more! It winds me up that I tried to do the right thing and all its doing is biting me in the ass!

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

My bitch, So i took my ipod out of my case and it seems that I get more scrach from the case!!!!! Freaking pissing me off. My ipod is all scrached up!!!

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That video makes me smile, whenever I see it. That must have been the 4th time, but hey, gotta love it! Obvioulsy not if you're an apple fanboy ;-)

Lmao

16. ireland

ireland Active member

enjoy

The World's Most-High Tech Urinal
    Posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday November 19, @09:28AM
    from the japan-might-argue-with-that dept.
    It's funny. Laugh. Hardware
    Mudzy writes "In an effort to handle its nighttime public urination problem, Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is considering installing high-tech urinals that disappear below street level during the day. Then at night, an operator comes by with a remote and the Urilift hydraulically lifts to sidewalk level in about two minutes. Then the unit is ready to serve all the nighttime party animals who don't mind peeing in a very exposed public urinal. The $75,000 system has been installed across the Netherlands, and have spread to London and Belfast, but Victoria will be the first North American city to try them out."

pixs and total story here
    http://www.johnchow.com/the-worlds-most-high-tech-urinal/

17. rav009

rav009 Active member

^ Wow....I want one!

Lmao, funny stuff, "The iPod flea can hold up to one mp3 encoded song"..

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I came very close to posting a pic of a nifty device called a "Texas Catheter" but changed my mind for fear that some might find it offensive. Neat little device though....it comes in three parts: the first looks rather like a condom but with a lumen insert at the tip, the second is vinal tubing and the third is a collection bad that straps around the thigh. Remarkable device with many uses aside from the obvious...we use to fill it with booze and drink from the insert or from the lumen of the tube. Naturally, we used sterile new ones directily from the packaging ;) Awesome at a concert!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

hi rav and jerry1,its good to see great friends posting here..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dumping DRM

p2pnet.net News:- "... if you swear that you’re not going to listen to any music, you’re not going to pay. It’s going to be very hard for you not to pay, and the network is keeping an eye on you to see you don’t download any music. And if you do without a license, we’ll sue the hell out of you - because you’ve been offered a cheap deal like the TV license."

The subject is dumping DRM.

Good idea? Not if you're going to replace it with a music tax based on UK TV licensing, continues Techcrunch's Michael Arrington (right).

Ex-Pink Floyd manager Peter Jenner is a respected figure in the music industry and, "he gets the ball rolling by saying the big labels are 'f@@ked'," says the story, going on, "That’s an easy way to win over the crowd these days, who generally see big music labels as the antichrist."

According to Jenner, the labels have "raped their whole business model" chasing short term profits. But then he goes off the deep end, wanting the government to step in and save them with a mandatory monthly tax in the European Union on broadband Internet and mobile phones of around €4 (about $5) a month.

The tax would allow consumers to download all the music they wanted without DRM, says Arrington in Techcrunch. "Payments will be made to rights holders according to popularity of music - if a song is very popular, it will get a higher percentage of total fees collected."

If you live in the UK and own a television, you're forced to pay a tax of £131.50 (about $250.00) a year, says the story, adding:

"The BBC gets these fees - how they spend it is broken down here. The BBC literally has vans roam around the country trying to determine if people who don’t have licenses are watching tv in their house, and there are big fines if you are caught without one. In 1995, 235 people were jailed for not paying the TV tax."

However, Arrington thinks it'd be a bad idea to legislate a tax, "that gives the music industry guaranteed revenue, and guaranteed profits, while simultaneously removing their incentive to innovate and serve niche markets".

In fact, "Asking the government to prop up a dying industry is always (always) a bad idea," he states, adding unequivocally:

"In this case, it is a monumentally stupid, dangerous, and bad idea."
    http://p2pnet.net/story/10481?PHPSESSID=f751bc0bcb56835fd489dd7b31f08384

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  20. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

ahhhhhhhhhh, my friend have wii. His telling me how fun it is and shi#. I can't go to his house cause 'm grounded!!!!!! for two weeks!!! MAN IT"S KILLING ME. I won't be able to play WII for two weeks!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.