1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

An SD card is the same here as it is there...so there should be no compatibility issues. As for the CD's I'm sure that there is a conversion tool to make them work here when you get back if they don.t already.

Enjoy your trip.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Fredbun
    LOCOENG mentioned conversion tools, those are necessary because the UK uses the PAL video format and the US uses NTSC. Nero Vision and ConvertXtoDVD are a couple of good conversion programs if you need them. Someone mentioned some of the newer equipment handles both formats. On that I'm not sure. If you don't mind, tell us how it turns out. Have a good trip.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

fred, everything is alright except for possible video as they are pal & we are ntsc.

4. FredBun

FredBun Active member

OK, it seems like the only problem I might have is the pal, ntsc issue, and if I can convert like you guys mention that should be great, will look into those programs, thank you all for the responce, oh I aint leaving just yet, will fly on June 5th, cant wait, I'm cited.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

my bitch is that i didnt get to post in Neph's thread about not wanting him to leave, before he said he was gonna take some time and look at things and see how its going..... so i take that as a invite for all of us to get back to helping each other and stop the childish shit and just be good people. and thats all i got to say about that there.

@drd and the all mighty powes that be..
    take away the titles around here, in my eyes that has alot to do with some of the problems around here..people upset cause of there status, what there tilte is and what they think it should be, and people looking badly at those with lower titles. just my opinion... and im sorry i know this isnt on topic but it is a bitch..

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I second everything...Cincyrob just said...
    I Hate Titles...They cause nothing but problems...

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

give me the title Einzelgänger and i'll never criticize a newbie again. :)

8. ireland

ireland Active member

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

My bitch is my daughter's car is dying a slow death today. Maybe Neph can put a bullet in it for me. He's got fire power!

The good news is that Neph hasn't left for good!! Some time off. Short I hope. Someone's got to keep ddp in line, since he has just declared himself head of the universe. LMAO

I just want to be King for a while to fix things here in US.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/503159#3043221

ddp

10. ireland

ireland Active member

hello king garmoon

[​IMG]

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

On that note, good night ddp, Garmoon, Ireland, Gerry, Nephilim, Greensman and everyone.

“Go n-éirí an bóthar leat”

12. ireland

ireland Active member

PacMan777
    ta ma go maith.

oicea maith agat,to all meaning good night

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Garmoon, dont believe anything ddp says.

IM THE ONE who's the real boss, ddp is just the official media-friendly top position in the universe. Anyone whos anyone knows that i run it really ;)

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oh, and just give me the title of: le patron des ddp

..and ill be quiet :D

15. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH OF THE DAY...

more info here
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

Microsoft's New Validation Policy

Microsoft has started a new policy of authenticating the Windows operating system. Previously when a user has installed Windows they had to activate the OS with Microsoft online or by phone. One could understand why Microsoft put the activation process into place, with all the pirating that was taking place with early verisons of Windows.

Now Microsoft has taken authentication of the Microsoft Validation to a whole new level. Starting now, they will be checking your operating system every month. Now, I'm not saying this development is bad or good. I'm just wondering what impact this has on our daily lives. Ever since I received an email stating this new policy I've been wondering why Microsoft felt the need to validate each copy of Windows every month and have come up with a couple of reasons why...

First, I'm sure that each month they uncover more and more previously activated Product Key's and therefore as they find out about them, they deactivate the key codes that look like they're pirated. What this means to you is that you need to be vigilant to follow Microsoft's license agreement and only have one computer running one license at a time. If you have two computers and activated the second computer by calling Microsoft to get around the online activation failure, they will be able to detect that 2 different computers are running off of one license and shut both down. There go any critical updates and extras you would otherwise get by staying legal.

Second, it gives Microsoft the opportunity to poll your hardware configuration each month. This allows them not only to see if your license is running on different computers but also gives them a general idea of what Windows users use hardware-wise. They'll know when you change video cards, motherboards, CPUs, add memory, etc. Is this a big deal? That's not for me to say. I don't mind but I'm sure there are people who would mind. With this information they can aggregate the data and sell it to companies who use that type of information and/or build new software programs that can take advantage of new hardware once they know there is a greater number of users who can run the new software, thus optimizing their ability to sell software.

One of the potential impacts I see is bandwidth. If Microsoft is checking every Windows user every month then that is however many millions of checks that get sent to Redmond, WA. Doing it once per install is one thing but now this number of checks gets multiplied by 12. Could have an impact on their bottom line at the very least, and they'll of course pass this cost on to it's customers...meaning a higher cost of software in the future.

Nothing to get alarmed about but it is something to think about.

Source: http://www.mypcpros.com/computer-blo...ollowup1037122

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  16. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

would that affect dual boot systems?? just wondering...

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ Billybob

And I thought God was a wee bit older. LMAO

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

I Am!!!!!

19. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao. :D
    @ddp. Spoilt brat :p

20. garmoon