1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiquidVideo DVD-R and DVD Player

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mikeg3, Dec 31, 2003.

1. mikeg3

mikeg3 Member

I'm burning with a SuperDrive on my 867MHz Quicksilver. I just got a pack of LiquidVideo DVD-Rs. When I burn the disc as DVD-ROM(UDF) with Toast the disc will play fine on my Macs but not the DVD Player on the TV or on my PC. The Mac recognizes the disc as a DVD. Are the LiquidVideo DVD-Rs the problem?

I'm using DVD Backup, DVD2oneX, and Toast 6 to make my DVDs.

2. ACMaveric

ACMaveric Member

Hey,
    Yes I had the same problem, Liquid Video seems to produce faulty media. I tried their media and had countless errors for dvd-r, and then performed the same operations with Memorex discs and everything worked fine, the dvd read on my standalone dvd player, pc, and anything else. I even tried burning at half speed, with all other background programs disabled (antivirus, etc.), and LiquidVideo still produced errors.
    Most notibly, when looking at the bottom of the disc after a burn, I would notice gaps in the data (rings) which should not happen, it should all be one consistant burn. I was relieved to see your post as well, it reaffirms what I had observed. I remember having this problem when cd-r first became mainstream, i guess in time they will improve the media.

3. mikeg3

mikeg3 Member

Yeah, I got the rings in the burn too. Well after messing up 3 DVDs I returned them to Circuit City.

4. fshlee

fshlee Member

I'm having the same problem. 3 tries, 3 coasters. mikeg3: were you able to get full refund for the DVDs from Circuit City? All the unused ones or unused and used?

5. mikeg3

mikeg3 Member

Yup, I got a full refund for all the discs. Circuit City has that "no questions asked" return policy. And they take back opened media so there were no problems.