1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m3u to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by lmswps, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lmswps

lmswps Member

hey all.im a newb trying to create a slide show for school.problem im having is my program wont recognize the audio file i have.i downloaded it off the limewire filesharing program.its in an m3u file.i have tried to convert it to mp3 wav anything i could to get it to work but to no avail it still shows up in the dbpower power program as invisible on the screen when i open the file in the program.i read alittle about how you were syaing that it may be protected but im not sure if thats the probelm.the funny thing is the dbpower program says it converted but it still shows invisible in the program files i pull up through the program.what can i do.also im not sure but isnt there a program out there that will allow me to paste in here my specs for you guys instead of typing them all the time.its no big deal to me but for yall im sure it would be better.im running win xp home addition.if you need anything else let me know.thanks all

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

M3U files are Mp3 playlists (text files) not audio files! They don't contain any sound info.

Read this:
    http://www.filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=m3u&goButton=Go

dBpowerAMP [bold]Audio Player (dAP)[/bold] can use the files to put Mp3s in order (creating a playlist). It doesn't say that it will convert a .m3u file anywhere. You need to go download the .mp3 file that you want not a .m3u file.

Isn't the M3U file really small?
    Ced

3. lmswps

lmswps Member

appreciate the feed back i didnt know that.im sorry about the dbpower thing.i think i used something else to try and covert it before i knew that.its weird the the limewire program shows the file typesas mp3 or wav so on but for some reason it doesnt matter what i download it it saves to my hard drive as an m3u when the file type on the program says mp3.why is it doing this.this even happens if i dowload a movie or anything.they all show up as m3u.i can watch and listen to them on my compyter but i cant burn them or try and use the music in a progam.

4. lmswps

lmswps Member

oh one more ting the file does show up anywhere from 2500kbps to 6000kbps.it does tell me in the progam to download the files that are largest but it still does the same thing.thanks again.

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Try using a differnt P2P app (I recommend WinMX (for Mp3s) or Shareaza). I have heard that the net work Limewear uses (Gnutella) is starting to become infested with RIAA fakes.

If you have the same results with these apps then you may have a virus or other type of malware running on your pc (though I think that its unlikly that is the problem).

Have you ever heard of Peer-Guardian?
    Ced

6. lmswps

lmswps Member

no i havent heard of it.i think i will get rid of the program its nothing but a big pain to me.i have to ask you.im really a newb as you can tell but what does p2p stand for.thanks for all the help.i think i will try winmx.

7. lmswps

lmswps Member

oh wheres a good site to obtain winmx

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

9. f4t4lfury

f4t4lfury Guest

[bold]oh one more ting the file does show up anywhere from 2500kbps to 6000kbps.it does tell me in the progam to download the files that are largest but it still does the same thing.thanks again.[/bold]

kpbs is actually a measurement of the speed of your download/upload. for file size you're looking for mb when it comes to mp3 files (5.3mb is an average file size for example).