1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac the ripper ino final cut pro...no sound

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by morethan, Mar 14, 2005.

1. morethan

morethan Member

hey guys,

im trying to use mac the ripper to rip various dvds i need to edit on final cut pro 4.5 on my shiney new G5. The pictures are coming throug beautifully but theres no audio! Its driving me crazy! Anyone with any advise please let me know! Im not that technically minded so the simpler wording the better! Thanx

2. caudie78

caudie78 Member

Try exporting the .VOB files you ripped from MTR into .DV. You can use Drop2DV to convert them to .DV files or use Cinematize to export the audio & video seperately. Unless it's a huge amount of video, it may be easier to use cinematize. I'm new to this also, so there may be easier ways. You should probably shoot mediaguru an instant message if you're completely stumped. He gave me a few pointers.

3. chrishine

chrishine Guest

I have FCP HD and MTR - am also trying to use ripped files in FCP - i can drag video files from the video TS folder (and edit them after rendering on timeline) but i cannot see any audio files in the audio TS folder - a dvd burned from this TS folder has audio and works fine - how can you access the ripped audio files to use in FCP

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

There is never anything IN the AUDIO_TS folder.

Extract to quicktime by using DVDxDV or Cinematize. You can go straight to FCPRO from there.

5. siluet

siluet Member

Hi,
    i´m really new at this and even have a primary english level so it´s getting really tough for me. I just bought the ADVC 110 and í´m trying to capture DVD´s through this. Obviously it hasn´t worked out. I was wondering if i should get a special program to do this, as i had heard that there was a way to disable the macrovision through the ADVC 110.

Hope anyone can help. Thanks