1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macintosh rip,compress & burn guide

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mediaguru, Nov 14, 2004.

1. agj1023

agj1023 Member

need a cd code for toast titanium....can anybody provide?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

agj1023, read the forum rules above about posting & piracy as piracy is not condoned on this site.

3. agj1023

agj1023 Member

not pirating...got a new computer and lost my codes...never registered mine

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

contact the manufacturer

5. g00nda

g00nda Member

Guys,
    can anybody explain how to use DVD2One to split the movie into two parts?
    Thanks

6. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

Click on Cells at bottom of left-hand windown. In right-hand window, click Layers. See if the movie appears as two layers.
    If not, click Chapers, and un-select half and choose the rest and save; then select the other half and save, and burn each segment separately

7. g00nda

g00nda Member

Thanks for your response. I am using a 'trial' version for OS X at the moment and when i launch DVD2oneX2 all i get is 3 options:
    - make a full disc copy
    - make a movie only copy or join multiple movie titles
    - remaster your audio collection
    Other than this i do not sen anything on the bottom of the window.

8. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

You have to select Movie Only option -it will then take you into it.

9. g00nda

g00nda Member

Thanks! that worked

10. davehyatt

davehyatt Member

Okay, I've read a lot of posts about how to compress through DVD2oneX2, but just purchased toast titanium and was under the impression it compressed as well and according to the help menu, this is true. After using mactheripper and creating a Video_TS file, I went to the video tab and on the left hand side click DVD-Video from Video_TS and then drag the Video-TS folder onto Toast and it says this file cannot be compressed. Can someone help me out?

11. brenee

brenee Guest

Hi there,
    Hoping someone out there can help me here. I had great success with MTR in conjunction with DVD2onex for the first 10days of the 30day trial. I was ready to buy when all of a sudden I can't open DVD2onex. It bounces on the dock and unexpectedly quits without actually opening. I have checked out forum after forum for anyone who has had the same problem but to no avail.
    I have completed an erase and complete reinstall of OSX 10.3.9, I have contacted the company, contacted the local apple centre, the apple call centre, apple discussion forums (I know - not an apple program but I am out of options) . I have tried "First Aid" and I have tried deleting "~/Libary/Preferences/com.eximius.dvd2onex2.plist" as instructed by DVD2onex but it didn't work and I can't get hold of anyone else at their company. I have deleted all program files and re-downloaded a fresh version of the program at LEAST 10 times and my brain hurts!! You know when you just can't let something go......
    Please help if you can, sorry to dribble on, but I figure the more information I give, the more likely someone can help me.
    Cheers

12. UncNunkie

UncNunkie Member

Hellooooo out there.

I'm having trouble playing back a compressed burned DVD, and I'm writing to the forum to find out if there are any limitations or complications that go along with compressing.

I'm trying to make a backup copy of a 4.91 GB dvd, so you can see why I really don't want to use a whole 8.5 GB Dual Layer dvd and I'd rather use a 4.7 GB single layer dvd. I'm using MTR, Toast 7.0 (to burn AND compress), a Maddog burner and an iBook.

When I pop the dvd into my player, there is sound missing from some sections, sometimes the picture looks screwy and it skips the main menu and goes right to an episode.

So.... Is this a fluke? Or does compression often mess things up? What do I need to know about compression? How does it work? (Is it like making an mp3 from a wav?) You can see how far behind I am when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  13. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

How big is the file you want to compress?

14. UncNunkie

UncNunkie Member

File I want to compress is 4.91 GB, and there's actually another one that's about 5.3 GB.

I've also got several that are 7.5 or so GB, and I'm wondering if it's worth spending the extra money to get DL dvds, if you really sacrifice a lot of quality by compressing, or if I should be able to compress them all. So far, compressing just doesn't seem to be working.

15. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

I've just realized the problem is in burning straight from MTR - I've had no end of trouble in the past, whether I rip the whole disc, or try for movie only. I just automatically go from MTR to DVD2One I'd almost forgotten why I do that. There is a 30 day trial of DVD2One, and once you use (if you do a lot of ripping) you'll find the features indispensible. But first things first.
    Download the trial. Select Movie only option (if that's what you're extracting) or full disc, and open from the MTR file. It will automatically compress and tell you the per cent (and it's compression is far superior quality to Toast, which I never use for that purpose since trying it.) Save it to file and use Toast as per normal for burning (do not check the fit-to-disc option).
    Any trouble figuring out DVD2One and give another holler

Terry

16. darknav65

darknav65 Member

hey, i'm new here, and i did everything on the guide on how to rip, compress, and burn. everything is fine until i start to burn. i have some DVD+R that are new, and when i try to burn on those, it doesn't work because of an "error" and i doing something wrong or do i need DVD-R, because to me, they're the same thing, i don't know. but as i said, i use mac the ripper, then dvd2onex, then i try tu burn using toast titanium. help.

17. agj1023

agj1023 Member

Don't need anything but MTR and Toast 7 (which will compress, burn and verify)

18. darknav65

darknav65 Member

i know, but i mean about the dvds that i use, should i use dvd+r or dvd-r? which are better?

19. agj1023

agj1023 Member

DVD-R are supposed to be more stable, but I uses DVD+R with no problems

20. agj1023

agj1023 Member

Also try not using dvd2onex