1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mactheripper 2.0

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by drewpy101, Aug 4, 2004.

1. drewpy101

drewpy101 Member

I am having problems with Mactheripper openning up. I've downloaded a copy of it from several sites and every time I double-click on it, it does nothing. I've tried logging in to my computer as a guest user and still remains the same. I've read posts about quit-on-launch being a problem in previous versions. I have yet to find someone with the same problem in v2.0.

BTW, possibly totally unrelated but I am having problems with my stuffit standard... stuffit expander. When I click on a stuffed file, it does absolutely nothing. Stuffit Deluxe works, and so does Expander.

Thanks for the info.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Repair your disc permissions using Disk Utility. What OS version are you using?

3. drewpy101

drewpy101 Member

Thanks London,

I've repaired disk permissions with no change to the problem. I am running OS 10.3.4. I can run Mactheripper 1.5.6 no prob. I have Powermac G4 400 PCI graphics.

drew

4. Londor

Londor Guest

Are you saying that when you double-click on the .sit archive you get when you download MTR nothing happens?

Did you buy Stuffit Deluxe?

If not I would suggest you to trash Stuffit standar and Stuffit Deluxe and their preferences (go to your home/library/preferences and trash all the files that have the word Stuffit anywhere in their name like com.stuffit.) and download it again from here http://www.stuffit.com/cgi-bin/stuffit_loginpage.cgi?standardmacexp . Download the OSX English 8.0.2 (.dmg) version and install it if you have the choice in the Utilities folder within the Apllications folder.

This should resolve your problems.

5. drewpy101

drewpy101 Member

I apologize for not being clear. The application itself does nothing when I double-click. I can unstuff it with Stuffit deluxe, and there are seemingly 2 files a readme and the application. The application will do nothing....

It seems stuffit was the source of the problem. I deleted all stuffit information and reinstalled. Now Stuffit Expander opens as it should as does MTR. thanks for the help.

Drew

6. gee123

gee123 Member

Sorry to be such a novice but I just bought an iMac and wanted to rip some of my DVDs. I'm running 10.3.4 with the latest downloads and have a SONY superdrive with RPC-2. I've run Mactheripper but it doesn't get very far. It recognizes VOLUME IDENTIFIER but both RPC and RCE are EMPTY. I've run DVDplayer first so that it recognizes that a DVD has been inserted. When I press GO! it asks me for a save file location but then doesn't do anything after that. If I press GO! again the program crashes. Help! Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks a million!

7. Londor

Londor Guest

Is this happening with all the DVDs you have tried? Are they Zone 2?

8. gee123

gee123 Member

I've tried three. Two zone 1, one zone zero.

9. gee123

gee123 Member

Actually, I can't be absolutely sure. Two were for sale "in the US" only (I figured zero 1), the other I created as a test and put in zone zero... Thanks!

10. Londor

Londor Guest

Have you tried ripping a zone 2 DVD? (Your superdrive is set to zone 2, isn't it?) Have you got any problems? I am asking you this because with some DVDs you can not rip them unless the zone in your drive matches the DVD zone. The only work around I know of is upgrading the drive firmware to make it zone free so you can change its zone as many times as possible (unfortunately I only know how to do it for PIONEER drives).

11. gee123

gee123 Member

Londor, thanks for the response. Actually I live in the states. When checking my drive the zone has only been set once (four left). I'm assuming it's been set for zone 1 (the US) because I can view all the DVDs I'm trying to rip. I can view them with DVD player. It's just that Mactheripper gets stuck after picking the save directory. By the way, OSex is worse. That program crashes as soon as I insert a DVD... Thanks again.

12. Londor

Londor Guest

Have you got by any chance a Application Enhancer framework (APE) installed?

13. gee123

gee123 Member

Good question. I'll check. If I do, is that bad?

14. Londor

Londor Guest

It is the best way to mess your system up and make it unstable. If you have applications like Audio Hijack Pro then APE is installed.

15. gee123

gee123 Member

cheers. I'll check later today. With the rub of the green that will take care of it...

16. Londor

Londor Guest

If you have APE uninstall it before trying again:

You do not have to let DVDPlayer run before using MTR, in fact if both applications are open at the same time it can create conflicts between them.

It is different if you use DVDBackup. You could try to rip the DVDs using it and in this case let the DVDPlayer play the movie in the background while DVDBackup rips the movie.

Also you could try YadeX.

17. gee123

gee123 Member

Thanks. I couldn't find unsanity and APE in the system profile. My Mac is pretty clean. Standard Apple stuff with final cut and ilife. The only extra stuff I tried was Mactheripper and OSex. Thanks again...