1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MacTheRipper problems with Main Feature extraction

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by scrussell, Jan 1, 2005.

1. scrussell

scrussell Member

Hello. I've been using MacTheRipper for a few months and love it. Lately though I've had a few discs (for example, Lost in Translation) that fail to play after ripping in "Main Feature" mode.

The rip seems to work just fine, but when I open the VIDEO_TS folder in my Apple DVD Player application and press PLAY, nothing happens. If I rip the same disc using "Full Disc Extraction" mode, it opens & plays just fine.

Anybody else experience this & have any suggestions? I'm using version 2.6 and tried the ARccOS extraction mode too, but to no avail.

2. macburner

macburner Guest

If your using DVD2oneX then you can just do a full disk extraction and simply select (in dvd2one) Movie only.

3. scrussell

scrussell Member

Yup, that worked like a charm. It's weird that MacTheRipper isn't doing the trick, though. At least there's a work-around. Thanks for the advice....

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

YES that is an issue currently with MTR. DON'T rip movie only yet. They are aware of the problem and they will hopefully fix it with their next version. They are rewriting the whole thing from what I understand. So you're fine if you just rip the whole disc and then use dvd2oneX to set it up in movie only mode.

5. scrussell

scrussell Member

Thanks for confirming the bug. It has occured in only 2 of 30 discs I've backed up using MacTheRipper. But definitely worth fixing!

6. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Geezer tells me they're working on a new version and they are having server problems too...