1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MacTheRipper?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by DHolliday, Feb 5, 2005.

1. DHolliday

DHolliday Guest

Please Help???
    This is my first time asking a question here...
    I just found out about Mac The Ripper, and tried to use it. After I ripped it onto my HD. I just had a buch of files where I saved it. What I was trying to do was put the movie on my ibook so I could watch it later out of town,not to carry the dvd around.(duh!). Can you watch a movie ripped to the HD or is this ment only for ripping to a blank dvd-r?? If so is there any way to put your dvd's on to your HD to watch???
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECEATED. Thank You Very Much!!!

2. duncs

duncs Member

DHolliday, open dvd player, click on file then on open VIDEO_TS file, loacate the VIDEO_TS file that MTR created, open it then click on play. Then Bob's your uncle!

duncs

3. crjo

crjo Member

Or, with just a little more details :

What MTR (MacTheRipper) does, is copy the two encrypted files on your DVD (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) onto your HD, after having decrypted and dezoned them !! All you need to know is WHERE these new files are...
    In the "file" menu of MTR, you will find but one command : "Save to..." . That's how you decide where these two folders will be created by MTR.

Once it's done, eject your DVD, launch DVD Player, choose "open VIDEO_TS folder..." in the File menu, and navigate to where the VIDEO_TS folder was created... choose it and hit play !

happy viewing !

crjo

4. ggushee

ggushee Member

This info is great...THANKS.....With this said.....all I am trying to do is lift a clip from a DVD.....I want to use the opening of a MGM Movie....you know the MGM LOgo and the lion road...not a still image....the 6 second moving image....after using MacTheRipper is there another simple program I can use to just lift edit and save to a jpeg or.mov to add to my imovie project.....? Thanks, Gordon

5. crjo

crjo Member