1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magnavox mwr20v6 "Empty Title"

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by spirt, Apr 6, 2007.

1. spirt

spirt Member

When I press Disc Menu there is an "Empty Title" there that won't go away. When I click on it to Edit/Erase it, the only choice is "Overwrite". Edit and Play are grayed out. I've tried overwriting on it to the end. I've tried recording and filling the entire disc. When I record to the end, and click on it I do have the three choices of Edit, Play and Overwrite. When I click Edit, I can click on Erase. After it erases and I go back in, the content is gone but "Empty Title" is still there. I've tried going to Setup after recording on it and clicking "Disc Erase" to erase the entire disc. After Disc Erase is done, the recorded material is gone, but the "Empty Title" is still there. Anyone dealt with this problem? Please share a solution.

Also, how does this happen so I don't do it again.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. spirt

spirt Member

Thank you for your suggestion. I'd already seen this post and followed the instruction to change the default setting. However, it did not eliminate the empty title problem. Also, I did not finalize the disc after changing the default setting since it is a RW and I record on it and erase programs every day. My understanding of "finalize" is that the disc would no longer be recordable or erasible.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Finalizing makes the disk 'playable' on a PC or other standalone player.
    It does not affect the the disk in any way.
    It can be erased and recorded as before.
    The only difference is that you cannot add material to it (if you had space) on your recorder.
    Keep RW disks that you use on the PC and the recorder separate from each other.
    If you record on the PC, erase on the PC.
    Same for the recorder.

5. spirt

spirt Member

Thank you for your response. I'll give it a try.